Location: Doha, Qatar
Physical Security Team Leader (Job Number:408682)
This position will provide Integrated Physical Security Systems support as part of an SAIC team for a Gulf Coast Countries security Command and Control Center design project. The scope of the project includes conducting the analysis and design for an Integrated Comprehensive security Command Center to protect critical assets and infrastructure. The team will also undertake a detailed study of the site-wide IT design, being implemented under a different work package, to ensure the design can properly support the security command and control centers and end-user Building Security Systems now and into the future. The Command and Control Center will support all required functions of strategic, tactical, operational and user level activities enabling the real-time visibility and management of the various Physical Security Systems (i.e., Access Control, Area Surveillance, Fire Alarm etc.).
The position will involve working closely with the SAIC project manager, SAIC project solution architect, and customer network and physical security staff. The ideal candidate possesses experience analyzing, architecting, and designing enterprise-level fully-integrated physical security systems. The ideal candidate will also have well above average writing ability, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Perform complex physical security system designs using existing technology as needed to support operations into the future. Plan system configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems on and being added to the network-based system, and the specifications for network interfaces to ensure effective integration and optimal system performance
- Work closely with the project manager, solution architect, SAIC lead network architect, and customer network representatives in preparation of a comprehensive set of system plans and specifications, to a fine level of detail, to be released as an RFQ for construction and implementation.
- Attend meetings, consolidate and translate requirements to new design and operational needs.
- Interface with other building engineers and trades to ensure a complete fit of the physical security system as part of the building, campus, and system of systems.
- Create relevant documentation and provide customer facing technical presentations as needed.
- Work well within a global infrastructure team of varying skill levels and backgrounds.
- Provide technical and business risk assessments.
- Position involves full-time work in a Gulf Coast country for up to one year. Candidate must live in, or be willing to relocate, to this country for the project assignment. Candidate must possess a valid Passport or other legal means enabling this work.
- Minimum 15+ years physical security engineering/architecture, implementation and testing experience
- Experience with high-level construction plans and specifications
- Direct personal experience with control panels and configurations for IDS, ACS and CCTV systems, including IP, direct-wire, or POTS line connectivity.
- Extensive knowledge of copper and fiber infrastructure requirements to support complex physical security networks
- PSIM, ACS, IDS, PIDS, and CCTV architecture and engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other technical field
- Master’s degree in computer science or other technical field
- PSIM implementation experience
- Fire Alarm, Building Management Systems, Paging System, and Mass Notification experience
- Possess PSP, CPP or other industry certification
- Membership in a related professional organization
- Arabic language and/or other foreign language skills a plus
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability