Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti, Haiti
Req Id 65801
This role requires frequent travel with 8 weeks to be spent in Haiti, 1 week spent in Dubai (this week must coincide with the monthly Operations meeting in Dubai) and then 3 weeks leave (rotation pattern), as well as travel globally to our management offices, and other locations where the company has operations or where clients may be located (role specific).
Contact and Cooperation:
Internally: Director New Markets, Operations Support, CST, Finance, HR and GW senior leadership team members.
Externally: Clients, local government authorities, local relationship and service providers.
The Director, Haiti will be responsible for the provision of leadership across the Haiti business. Reporting to the Vice President this role will provide senior level management across the following key areas of responsibility:
* Develop and grow new and existing commercial relationships, with a focus on sales, with host country government authorities and market participants within the business community focusing on clients within the diplomatic, oil & gas, telecom, development and infrastructure sectors;
* Manage local partnership agreements;
* Management of country licensing issues and legal operating frameworks for Haiti;
* Present commercial data to senior leadership team across the Haiti business in order to ensure market relevance;
* Financial management of multi-million dollar project delivery, including leading on the Haiti P&L, budget forecasting and tracking, and oversight of the Haiti business pipeline;
* Responsible for ensuring that the Business Management System is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels of the organization for international accreditation purposes;
* Responsible for ensuring HSE policies are understood, implemented and maintained at throughout the organization.
* Expected to monitor operations whilst on leave to provide oversight and authorization as and when required to meet operational requirements.
* Ability to convert initial client contact into proposal, and service delivery
* Ability to manage and motive a large team of expatriate and local national staff
* The ability to plan, implement and maintain multimillion USD projects
* Knowledge of operational and technical physical security issues
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to convey complex messages across a wide ranging audience
* Ability to produce complex conceptual written proposals/documentation (aimed at new business)
* Must have the ability to cost and present financial details in order to manage budget
* Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft office and IT in order to present and accurately maintain internal and external reporting requirements
The Director, Haiti is accountable to the Vice President for their responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of their KPIs.
Refer to GardaWorld Authority Matrix
* Minimum of 10 years’ operational experience within Latin America at a senior level gained within a corporate environment;
* Demonstrated knowledge and management of operational processes and requirements within the private security industry;
* Demonstrated experience with developing new business within challenging markets;
* Experience with developing and managing relationships at a senior level within international government authorities;
* Fluent in English and French (to C1 or C2 level in French, in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR));
* P&L management experience desirable.
Closind date for applications is 31 January 2017