Job Description Job Purpose:
• To provide enhanced Corporate Security leadership on strategies for risk identification and mitigation design across Shell India during a period of extensive growth.
• To provide assurance and accountability to the Shell Country Chairman and Businesses operating in India that the risks to Shell assets, projects, staff, information and reputation from security threats are managed effectively, within acceptable limits.
• To develop and maintain a professional security capability inside Shell India and to continuously improve the security performance of the organization in a diverse operating environment.
The incumbent is accountable for the following requirements:
• Develop and maintain a secure business environment across Shell’s Business footprint in India – with emphasis on delivering security risk mitigation through the wider security function and skill pool.
• Develop and maintain a Strategic Security Plan for Shell in India going forward, taking into account, but not limited to the changes in Shell’s business footprint, the trends in security threat and incidents, and the capabilities of relevant Government Security Agencies in dealing with these threats and incidents.
• Develop and maintain a Competence Development Plan for Security professionals and HSSE and Business staff with a security responsibility in their Job Description. Ensure that the appropriate Security competence requirements are fully integrated into the organization, and deliver security awareness training for staff and contractors as required.
• Functionally manage the wider Security skill pool in India to ensure adequate and timely provision of security support and advice to all Shell businesses.
• Manage the security intelligence process, identify and assess security threats, and ensure that security risks in India are brought to senior management’s attention with appropriate advice on mitigation. Support the wider Security skill pool in establishing a similar, localised intelligence process.
• Pro-actively provide a quarterly security update to CCh and Senior Business Leaders, highlighting in brief any changes in key security threats areas, as well as relevant achievements, issues and concerns.
• Ensure the timely delivery of relevant security assessments and plans for Shell Capital Projects.
• Maintain a record of security spend across Shell India, and reduce security costs to the Business by identifying and implementing cost reduction measures in security provision, whilst maintaining a secure Business environment and ensuring that contracts with commercial security providers are managed effectively and in line with the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPSHR).
• Drive collaboration with other functions, including Information Security, Business Operations Security, Shell Maritime Security, External and Government Relations, and Corporate Travel to ensure alignment of security approach and delivery of solutions to the business.
• Establish effective Information Security protocols in collaboration with Information Security and ensure Information Risk Control Measures are managed relative to the high threat.
• Maintain the Country Security Plan and the Country Security Risk Profile, oversee the implementation of the Shell Group Security Standards, and ensure full compliance with the Security requirements of Shell’s HSSE Control Framework.
• Effectively manage/support Shell India’s response to any security related incidents, and ensure that corrective action is implemented. Provide security incident trend analysis and strategies and action plans to reduce both the number of incidents and their impact to people, assets, information, and reputation.
• Maintain and deliver the Shell India Security Assurance Plan, ensure the completion of Security Risk Assessments of Assets and Activities as well as Facility Security Plans. Pro-actively and timely support Business security assurance processes, including action management, and participate in Shell Group level Audits as appropriate.
• Where required, provide Maritime Security advice to the Business and Shell Trading & Shipping and ensuring all maritime compliance obligations are met.
• Provide annual assurance to CCh and Businesses that all India Government and Industry security compliance obligations are met, and that all Shell India Security operations are conducted in accordance with the Shell General Business Principles and Shell’s HSSE Control Framework.
• Ensure that Shell India meets its duty of care responsibilities for all staff and visitors, and manage the security arrangements for Shell business Travelers, VIP visitors and Expatriate staff and dependents.
• Ensure adequate security support to Company sponsored events.
• Provide support to Shell Corporate Security as required, both inside and outside the positions geographical area of responsibility.
• Assist in the planning and execution of crisis and emergency response exercises as required.
• Establish and maintain an appropriate network of security and intelligence contacts with government, industry bodies and with commercial security providers. Pro-actively engage with peers in the Oil & Gas industry to discuss security threats and risks to compare notes on security risk management approach.
• Represent Shell at relevant Government and Industry security forums as appropriate.
• Maintain security threat awareness, country overview and contacts in both Bangladesh and Sri Lanka in order to ensure that the security risks to Shell business visits are managed to acceptable levels.
• The position will impact across Shell’s Business operations in India including but not limited to – Downstream (Retail, Trading and Supply, Lubricants); Integrated Gas/Upstream (gas); Shell Business Operations’ Centres (SBO’s); Projects & Technology - New Technology Centre.
• The position will oversee Bangladesh and Sri Lanka for any Security related issues, including travel security.
• The incumbent provides direct support to the Country Chairman (CCh) and Senior Business Leaders of Shell India, is a member of Shell’s global Corporate Security organisation, and is line-managed by the Regional Security Manager (RSM) Asia Pacific in Singapore.
• The position will be based in New Delhi.
• The position will have a significant impact on the further professionalization of the Security Function across India. The incumbent will provide security functional management and competence development support to four Business Security Managers and a network of Security and HSSE Focal Points, security contractors and security service providers.
• The incumbent will have the responsibility for the oversight and influence of all security costs to Shell in India.
Requirements Required Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
A high calibre security professional with a minimum of 10 years relevant security risk management experience, preferably in Public and Private/Corporate Security organisations.
Proven record of leadership and management experience – exhibits strong leadership attributes.
Ability to balance risk, standards/requirements, and Business needs.
Strong influencing skills across leadership and organizational boundaries.
Excellent communication skills, ability to set direction, build, communicate, and implement a shared vision with regards to security risk management.
Ability to network across Businesses, Functions, and the Security Skill Pool, as well as externally across Public and Private Security agencies.
Analytical and problem solving skills.
Capable of producing high-quality written reports and security briefs.
Self propelling individual, displaying initiative, flexibility, efficiency, and tact and diplomacy to achieve agreed targets.