Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
8 weeks on, 4 weeks off subject to operational requirements - Leave will only be granted subject to operational requirements
Duration of Task : One year with Possible extension
* A National Criminal History check (aka Police check/clearance is required
* Sound knowledge and skills set regarding the conduct and supervison of security operations including static guarding in a high threat environment
* Able to communicate in Pashto/Dari is an advantage
* Should be ex military or an ex police officer with an excellent record of conduct
* Must not have a criminal record
* Must not have been dishonourably discharged from employment
SSGC Roles and Responsibilities
* Maintain professional working relationships with DFAT clients.
* Mentor local guard and OCN personnel and oversee their day-to-day responsibilities. Lead by example and have a genuine desire to interact positively and constructively with local personnel.
* Develop the guards into a strong and cohesive team. Establish a strong working relationship with the guards through mutual trust and respect.
* Conduct monthly training in accordance with the program
* Qualify on the M4 rifle and the Glock 9mm pistol each rotation
* Escort clients by foot and vehicle to and from the office to their accommodation.
* Secure all clients and contracted staff in the event of an attack
* Coordinate the security and defense of all Australian Embassy sites during incidents
* Monitor and log Clients on and off site
* Monitor CCTV screens
* Manage the search teams at residences and check points
* Weekly reporting on all LN and OCN staff
* Report on incidents involving LN and OCN staff at Embassy facilities
* Conduct a weekly security review of the compounds
* Report to the Static Security Manager and Static Security Officer
* Maintain a level of fitness necessary to conduct work in accordance with the SOPs