Employer: St Regis
Location: Abu Dhabi
Upon completion of the On boarding training, the 1 month Induction Plan and Service Culture programme, you will be responsible for:
- Safeguarding of Hotel and guests’ property,
- And ensuring a safe environment for our colleagues and guests.
• Patrol hotel property to ensure the safety of guests and employees and hotel assets, reporting findings to the relevant department for remedial action.
• Assist in the response and resolution of reported incidents.
• Ensure that a comprehensive, fair and impartial investigation into all allegations is carried out to a complete conclusion, immediately reporting any conflict of interest.
• Ensure a follow up of all investigations of crimes committed against property and persons is carried out when necessary.
• Assist sick and injured guests and employees, ensuring the production and filing of comprehensive reports.
• Visually inspect alarm, safety and fire equipment systems.
• Monitor perimeter access points to ensure integrity of threshold security.
• Oversee security officers on shift, ensuring proper attire (designated hotel uniform), grooming standards, reporting to duty on time and legally licensed as per PSBD requirement is up to date
• Ensure coverage of jurisdiction is maximized throughout shift.
• Ensure regular attendance of security personnel in conformance with authority standards and contractual requirements.
• To ensure availability for attendance on site as and when the business requires it.
• All employees are required to fully comply with Starwood rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities.
• Assist in the complete and accurate compiling of records, reports and statistics, in line with departmental, contractual and Starwood group requirements.
• Perform and professionally execute any special guest requests providing they are in line with policies or procedures.
• To coordinate with both the security manager and director for smooth functioning of the department.
• Maintain good liaison with local police station, nearest hospital and other authorities if needed.
• To assist K9 inspections and security protocols prior to any VVIP / Royalty visits and coordinate with Sierra 1 & 3 for smooth traffic flow during the arrival / departure.
• To be at the VIP / hotel main entrance during the VVIP / Royalty arrival and departure.
• Conduct a daily briefing for the contracted security guards.
• Observe guests movements in the lobby and other areas.
• To check all the banquet halls and assist with the inspection of all the emergency lights.
• Ensure a proper handover has been communicated between security contractor shifts by all required means of informative / notification.
• Ensure a clear handover has been sent via email to all in-house supervisors, making sure to copy the security manager and director.
• High school preferred
• 2 years’ experience in a Security Department at a supervisory level
• 5 Star Hotel Experience
• Additional language preferred: Arabic, German or Russian
• High level of IT understanding.
• Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently
• Sound understanding of preventative maintenance and condition monitoring.
• Effective conflict resolution and problem solving skills.