Employer:Advantage SCI, LLC
# of Openings: 100
Reports To: Project Manager
Advantage SCI, LLC is currently seeking CAT III Pashto/Dari linguist / translator candidates to be considered for employment upon contract award. Estimated start date is August 2016.
Summary of duties include:
• Provide operational contract linguist support to U.S. Air Force operations in various locations in Afghanistan.
• Provide general linguistic support for military operations and interpret during interviews, meetings, and conferences
• Interpret and translate written and spoken communications
• Transcribe and analyze verbal communications
• Perform document exploitation. Scan, research and analyze foreign language documents for key information
• Translate and review foreign language documents.
• Identify and extract information components meeting military information requirement list criteria. Provide input to reports
• Linguists are required to work 12-hour shifts and in excess of 60-hour weeks in order to provide continuous contract linguist support that this 24 x 7 operation requires.
• Linguists must be available for deployment as the mission dictates
• Must possess a TOP SECRET Security Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI), or after prescribed counterintelligence screening, have been granted by the government at a minimum, an interim TS clearance with interim access to SCI
• Must have an excellent command of Pashto and Dari, as well as strong verbal and written English skills (grammar, vocabulary, idioms, and spelling)
• Linguists shall be able to follow accurately the essentials of conversations between educated native speakers, reasonably make and answer telephone calls, understand radio broadcasts, news stories similar to wire service reports, oral reports, some oral technical reports and public addresses on non-technical subjects
• Willingness to work shifts and extended hours in support of 24 x 7 Operations
• Must be computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office suite
All applicants will undergo background investigation, oral and written skills language examination, medical examination and counterintelligence screening as conditions of employment on this contract.
The Target Languages we are seeking are as follows:
• Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
• Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
• Able to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally
• Able to walk long distances without assistance