Employer: Northrop Grumman
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Resilient Network Solutions (RNS) develops, fields, operates and sustains systems and infrastructures to connect disparate systems and enable network-centric operations. Major programs include Battlefield Airborne Communications Node (BACN), Roll-On beyond Line-of-Sight Enhancement (ROBE) and Dynamic Re-tasking Capabilities (DRC).
This is an OCONUS position for a BACN Mission Coordinator who is responsible for the Command and Control of BACN payloads while supporting missions in theater. The BACN Mission Coordinator (BMC) is the key controller of the BACN mission payload(s) and reports to the BACN Operations chain-of-command and the OCONUS chain while functioning OCONUS. The BMC position holds a significant leadership position within the BACN team. The BMC role encompasses pre-mission planning, mission execution and post mission analysis for all BACN-related missions. The BACN BMC is responsible for monitoring and gathering all data related to
BACN combat missions and directing specific actions for payload employment to optimize BACN capabilities. This position requires a large part of a BMC's time in direct coordination with Higher Headquarters (HHQ) and operational customers. The BMC acts as the OCONUS point of contact for the BACN mission to include all technical and operational aspects of system employment. The on shift BMC is the direct point of contact for all BACN employment questions throughout the AOR. The BMC develops lessons learned and best practices/Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) for the future employment of BACN and follow-on systems.
Qualified candidates will be skilled and experienced in Command and Control with recent back ground in Data Link operations to include planning and execution experience. JICO experience is a plus. Those candidates not JICO qualified by the military must demonstrate proficiency in Multi-TDL operations in an operational environment. This position requires 75% travel (some travel to hazardous deployment areas) and multi-month overseas deployments.
Military Staff Officer Experience to include deployed AOCs or HQ staffs with recent experience in Military Command and Control
•Recent experience in Multi-TDL networks with a minimum of 9 years total experience with Tactical Data Links (TDLs).
• Bachelor of Science degree.
• An active SECRET security clearance is required.
• Excellent communications skills, both written (ability develop briefs and white papers) and oral.
• Excellent customer interface and verbal presentation skills.
• The successful candidate will be required to travel significantly and must satisfactorily complete a deployment physical. The candidate must meet the medical conditions that allow them to deploy in the capacity for they were hired.
• A former Field Grade (04 and above) Military Officer - Candidates without this primary qualification may be considered if they have significant C2 -related experience.
• Experience with Theater Tactical Data Link (TDL) architectures and the JICO Concept of Employment (CONEMP)
• Proficient in working with TDL technical system capabilities, TDL military operations requirements, instructions, training plan development, TDL message standards, Link-16 network design, data forwarding and routing applications.
• Proficient mission planner to support theater TDL Information Exchange Requirements – e.g. range extension, data relay and data forwarding of multiple TDLs
• Experience supporting the Component Commander Headquarters level or higher
• Proficient knowledge of military forces capabilities, disposition and relevant command structures (e.g. U.S., NATO and Coalition Forces) and involved in executing joint and allied force operations within the past 2-5 years
• Experience in developing lessons learned, best practices, Tactics Techniques and Procedures (TTP)
• Well versed in Microsoft Office Applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
• Experienced user of Falcon View (FV) applications, FV Inter-visibility and installed Radio Frequency (RF) Line-of-Sight mission planning tools
• Proficient in working with most or all of the following: Air Tasking Order (ATO), Airspace Control Order (ACO) Airspace Control Plan (ACP) and Frequency Allocation Plan (FAP).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.