Employer: General Electric
Location: Johannesburg , South Africa
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The responsibilities that are associated with the a Security Leader (based in Johannesburg) will be described below. The position is seen to develop and grow as GE’s business expands in the region. The listed responsibilities are not exhaustive and certain tasks that the senior members of the Security team will communicate are not reflected here.
• Support the development and administration of the Central Africa (the region) security and crisis management plans and programs for all businesses. Plans and programs include physical, technical, and personnel security, asset & loss prevention, international travel safety/security, workplace violence prevention, business continuity planning, and emergency event management.
• Conduct site security audits and design security protocols for all projects and service sites. Perform pre-mobilization assessments, follow-up corrective audits and perform security threat analysis, risk analysis and mitigation assessments on different areas related to projects in the region.
• Manage all journey management within the region of all GE personnel and support all businesses of GE by providing assistance and advice on the movement of personnel.
• Manage the Emergency Notification System for the region.
• Actively participate in crisis management planning and preparedness, decision-making, and communications.
• Assure that measures to protect employees from criminal or terrorist risks are implemented business-wide. Measures include workplace violence prevention/preparedness, mail screening, suspicious activity reporting, travel-related security training, personnel briefing and personnel communications.
• Prepare security awareness briefs and conduct security awareness training for all personnel in the region.
• Recording and tracking of all security incidents and communication of preventative measures and statistics.
• Investigate all suspected criminal violations, suspicious incidents, and policy violations as appropriate.
• Heighten security awareness and preparedness via periodic training, business-wide communications, and web-enabled tools & postings, as well as conducting routine emergency and CM exercises with the Senior Regional Security Director of Sub Saharan Africa.
• Maintain security information management tools and databases; coordinate completion of Security self-assessments, and establish/improve security performance indicators/metrics.
• Manage all contract security personnel on all the GE sites.
• 5+ years’ experience in corporate security and/or law enforcement in the region
• High degree of organizational, analytical, and communication skills
• Crisis Management and Emergency preparedness planning knowledge
• Strong government security contacts
• National security experience in the region
• Fluency in Portuguese and French a minimum
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.