Location: Jalalabad, Afghanistan
On behalf of GardaWorld Federal Services we are seeking suitably qualified, experienced candidates to be considered for the role below for potential hire - the role would ideally suit candidates with Eastern European background.
By applying for this role you agree we can share your credentials with partners within other divisions of the GardaWorld group of companies as well as external partners.
If selected for the role you will be initially interviewed by Vetting staff working out of the US office.
Closing date for applications is: continuous through the contract.
Start Date : 15 November 2016 (Subj to MOFA/visa processing)
Annual Rate contract
Consultant will be reimbursed a competitive annual rate by the company. Consultants will also be awarded a completion bonus. Contractor will only be paid whilst On-Duty, no payment made for Off Duty periods
120 days on, 30 days off (Subject to operational requirements)
Duration of Task
15 November 2017 with possible 6 month option (Subj to confirmation)
Travel Pay: Travel pay – none applicable. Travel pay is included in the monthly fees paid to the contractor.
GardaWorld will provide the Independent Contractor with appropriate accommodation, and life support. [Accommodations could be rudimentary and basic, but full life support will be provided] – delete as necessary.
The Hub Airport designated by the Company for the Consultant will be located in the United Kingdom and will be the most cost effective option available to the Company at the time of booking a flight.
Operational effectiveness will also be considered when booking the flight. Such Hub Airport may not be the one geographically closest to Consultant’s residence and, as such, may require Consultant paying for the cost to and from such airport or making up the difference if Consultant resides outside the United Kingdom.
For example: If the cost to deploy GW Contractor from his local airport hub to Afghanistan is more than GBP1300 using diplomatic flights or £1000 with commercial airlines then any additional costs will be borne by the contractor
* Minimum 21 years of age.
* Shall be fluent in conversational English at a level necessary to give and receive situational reports.
* Shall have the ability to read and write English.
* Shall be a citizen of a RSMA contributing country excluding Afghanistan
* Possess a Military background.
* Must have received an honorable discharge (or equivalent) as verified by a comparable national service document for discharge from non-U.S./non-FVEY country militaries.
* Shall be qualified on primary U.S. military weapons.
* Contractor personnel shall have the ability to become properly trained and qualified on any Non-Lethal Weapons (NLW) that is recommended by the coalition forces. The COR will define the any special weapons qualifications.
* European (or equivalent) Driving licence
* Previous experience as Guard (preferred)
* Previous Afghanistan experience or Hostile Environment experience (preferred)
* Previous experience of a DOD contract (preferred)
Perform internal guard services to include, but not limited to, vehicle and personnel entry control points (ECPs), perimeter towers, and internal foot patrols. All guards shall possess the following qualifications:
* Guards shall be limited to a workweek of not more than 72 hours per week, to include time to mount, post and relief as well as training recertification.
* Shall be able to perform unarmed ―Screener duties by searching visitors, their vehicles, and their belongings. Screeners shall be proficient at utilizing a hand-held metal detectors, walk-through metal detectors, and high through put personnel inspection systems (Rapid Scan).
* Shall be able to physically perform internal security guard services, at any potential internal security posting for up to 12 hours often in austere conditions to include extreme, heat, cold, wind, dust, rain or snow, while donning all required personal protective gear.
For further information about GardaWorld please follow link: www.garda.com/gw
Please note: any Information provided shall be used by GardaWorld to evaluate your qualifications for engaging as a contractor.
Any deployment to the Middle East carries a degree of risk, for more information please go to http://xplored.garda-world.com/site/register where you can obtain the latest analysis, information and threat assessment