Employer: Advantage SCI, LLC
Clearance Level: Active Secret
State Date: Upon Contract Award
Advantage SCI, LLC is currently seeking CAT II linguist / translator candidates to be considered for employment. Please review the job description below.
Summary of duties to include, but not limited to the following:
• Provide operational contract linguist support to U.S. operations in various locations worldwide
• Provide general linguistic support for military operations and interpret during interviews, meetings, and conferences
• Interpret and translate written and spoken communications
• Transcribe and analyze verbal communications
• Perform document exploitation; Scan, research and analyze foreign language documents for key information
• Translate and review foreign language documents; Identify and extract information components meeting military information requirement list criteria; Provide input to reports.
• Linguists are required to work 12-hour shifts and in excess of 60-hour weeks in order to provide continuous contract linguist support that this 24 x 7 operation requires.
• Linguists must be available for worldwide deployment as the mission dictates.
• Active Secret Clearance required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• An excellent command of targeted language, as well as strong verbal and written American English skills (grammar, vocabulary, idioms, and spelling). Linguist work products are prepared in English. Applicants shall have native proficiency in the SCRL (ILR level 3 to 5) and a working proficiency in English (ILR level 2+).
• Applicants must hold a current U.S. Passport (or apply as soon as accepted into the program)
• Applicants must be willing to travel overseas
• Willingness to work shifts and extended hours in support of 24 x 7 Operations
• Must be computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office suite.
• All applicants will undergo background investigation, oral and written skills language examination, medical examination and counterintelligence screening as conditions of employment on this contract.
Working Conditions (may change when deployed):
• Work in austere environment
• Be able to travel without notice
• Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
• Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
• Able to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally
• Able to walk long distances without assistance
Advantage SCI, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs)