Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
The candidate will provide joint and combined exercise planner support at the USAFRICOM staff level.
The Joint Exercises Planner provides support service functions including but not limited to:
- Managing and applying the Joint Training System (JTS) and Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS) to assist planning for joint and combined exercises;
- Providing technical expertise, advice, and assistance to the Joint Exercises Branch Chief in all areas of system support for exercise planning, for the purpose of developing and implementing an effective, reliable, long-range exercise program;
- Making technical updates to supporting systems as necessary;
- Managing and applying the Joint Training System of systems to assist in planning for Joint and Combined exercises;
- Providing system support to facilitate coordination and implementation of the Joint Event Life Cycle (JELC) and producing system documentation associated with the JELC and other program systems such as JTIMS and the Joint Operational Planning and Execution System (JOPES). Providing technical training and assistance to exercise Action Officers in the use of supporting systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The candidate will provide training and assistance to Action Officers in the use of supporting systems and performs operational-level joint staff action officer technical training support activities, technical training system support activities, de-confliction, and accountability activities with staff, sub-unified commands and Service Components.
Produces operational-level joint staff action officer technical products:
- Calling messages, Exercise Directives;
- Exercise budget spreadsheets;
- Exercise concept development and requirement plans;
- Project management documentation such as exercise program directives and commander’s training guidance;
- Technical system reports such as after action reports, resource usage reports, and other system outputs in support of Joint Staff exercise programmatic.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Requires a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and 10 years of Military/DoD Civilian/DoD Contractor experience.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years Combatant Command (CCMD) HQ experience or in support of a CCMD HQ.
- Position requires a minimum of 2 years operator/action officer level experience with joint exercise planning.
- Position requires a minimum of 2 years operator level experience with the Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS).
- Multi-theater operational or senior staff (CCMD and/or Joint Staff) experience desired if candidate has no USAFRICOM AOR staff experience.
- Must be eligible for or hold a SECRET U.S. security clearance.
- Must possess valid U.S. Driver’s License and valid U.S. Tourist Passport.
- Must be able to travel to countries in the USAFRICOM Area of Responsibility.
- Should have a working knowledge of United States’ Interagency processes and government agency activities and coordinating processes between USAFRICOM Theater and strategic national levels desired.
- U.S. Military experience is required.
- Able to work under stress and complete short fused requirements.
- Able to work extended hours in support of exercise requirements.
- Applicant will possess skills and experience in Microsoft Office computer programs (specifically, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Applicant will have experience, and proven ability to organize and manage several projects at once.
- Applicant must possess the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate of a Military Command and Staff College with 15 years of military operational experience (5 of which earned as an O-4 or above). Operational experience includes planning and executing joint and combined operations/exercises at the COCOM or Component level, experience with the Joint Training System (JTS), and operator level experience with the Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS). Graduate of JPME is desirable.