The Security Guard Staff Sergeant shall provide general supervision over armed observation services located at assigned guard post and check points at Camp Arifjan. The Staff Sergeant shall be armed with M16, M4 and or M9 weapons. Responsible for oversight of the first line of security guards in support of the Physical Security function for the organization that includes monitoring the systems associated with the flow of personnel and vehicular traffic, personnel/visitor security clearances, management of loss prevention and detection services, and responsible for security inspections. Under general supervision, performs duties by following established procedures. Has knowledge of security methods and doctrines. Has a fundamental knowledge of security systems and apparatuses. Supports others in standard security actions in agreement with customary processes to fulfill the organization's security principles. Position requires a SECRET clearance.
1. Direct supervision of a Security Guard Force Staff at a specific assigned location
2. Manage a medium to small guard force with multiple functions in support of the Physical Security of personnel, property and equipment
3. Assist assigned leadership with personnel records for assigned guard force
4. Assist with identifying training and personnel development of assigned personnel
5. Assist and provide input for performance feedback of assigned personnel
6. Perform Post and Guard Inspections of assigned posts/locations
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Excellent computer skills required as well as interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Computer skills include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook. Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Kuwait driver’s license. Variety of weapons and force protection equipment.
Work is conducted out doors or in established infrastructure, with the exposure to extreme climactic conditions. The region is dry hot long summers and short warm winters with occasional rainfalls. Dusty storms often occur during the summer months and humidity is often very high. Temperatures range between 113 degrees fahrenheit in the summer and 42 degrees fahrenheit in the winter.
Work will require lifting up to 50 lbs, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices.
1. High School Graduate; Associates preferred.
2. Be a US Citizen
3. Be at least 21 years of age.
4. Have a valid US Tourist Passport
5. Have a current and valid US Driver’s License
6. Have one year of civilian police experience within the past three years prior to beginning duties under this contract.
7. Meet the requirements under 18 USC 922(g)(9) (The Lautenberg Amendment)
8. As a new hire, the CSG candidate must pass the Physical Agility Test( PAT) IAW AR 190-56
9. Pass a Medical physical examination (MOD Twelve Standard)
10. Will meet United States Government (USG) security requirements
1. Must have 3 to 5 years of experience supervising a guard force staff.
2. Prior military, law enforcement and/or security experience in the Middle East desirable.
1. Must be able to use Microsoft office at the basic level.
2. Must be able to work under pressure while conducting tasks accurately and in a timely manner
3. Must be able to communicate using Interpersonal communication skills to include conflict resolution.
4. Must be able to read and understand how to apply post orders, Standard Operating Procedures or contractual obligations
5. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance