Employer:Fraser Suites Doha West Bay
Salary competitive salary package
Closes 28 Sep 2016
Direct and oversee the implementation of all safety and security programs for the purpose of providing protection and a sense of well being to all guests and employees.
·Manage all facets of security administration in the property
·Lead all investigative matters within and outside of the property, (if necessary).
·Liase with the local and national law enforcement agencies, and other government offices.
·Design, develop and implement Policies and Procedures applicable to the operations of the security of the property.
·Coordinate with other Department Heads pertaining to the improvement of all safety and security related plans and programs.
·Lead, motivate and continuously enhance the knowledge of all security personnel.
Screen, interview, select, manage, review and counsel Security supervisors & Officers to maintain order throughout the hotel. Periodically review Officers and logs to ensure complements and accuracy.
Promote safe work practices. Assist in ensuring compliance with Security standards and preventive measures. Assist in the development, administration and implementation of safety incentive programs and safety training classes. Visually identify, correct and record safety hazards. Conduct Security Department meetings. Attend and participate in other required hotel meetings.
Lead and direct investigations of accidents, thefts, property loss and unlawful activities. Document details and advise management.
Direct coordination of training in fire life safety, as well as other corporate approved Training Programs and Workplace Violence training. Conduct regular patrol of the property to ensure all areas are safe and secure.
Review and approve departmental schedules/payroll and make necessary adjustments. Direct and manage Lost and Found function. Assist as needed with complaints and guest issues.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
·Participate in Manager on Duty Program requiring weekend stay over, constant monitoring throughout the hotel and troubleshooting problems.
·Liaison with clients and Law Enforcement.
·Work with Sales, Convention/Catering Services to ensure functions are safe for all guests and team members.
·Ensure guests and team members receive proper security escorts, as required.
·Use clear, concise English, speaking voice, listen with empathy, provide accurate information and document legibly app appropriate information.
·Periodically review and update a variety of department guidelines.
·Maintain Officer Equipment and uniforms, purchase back-up supplies in order to maintain standard par on hand.
·Oversee and maintain various technical equipment, hardware and software, to ensure it is functioning properly. Back up all databases on a regular schedule.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Thorough knowledge of the floor plans and layout of the building(s), function rooms, and working knowledge of the City and surrounding area.
* Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tack and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
* Ability to listen effectively speaks, read, and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information.
* Ability to stand, walks, and/or sits and continuously performs essential job functions for duration of shift.
* Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
* Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and with buildings on the property.
* Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid space.
* Ability to perform duties with extreme temperature ranges.
* Above average mathematical comprehension to understand and interpret numbers as they apply to operations in hotels.
* Ability to read writes, speak and understand the English language to communicate with guests and team members.
* Thorough organization and supervisory skills proficient in accomplishing the task.
* Ability to develop subordinates to enhance advancement in the hotel and corporation.
* Ability to analyze complex statistical data and make judgments accordingly.
Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts