Requisition ID 082296
Basic Function Summary:
Provides oversight of the development and maintenance of quality programs, processes and procedures that ensure compliance with policies and that the performance and quality of services conform to established standards and agency guidelines. Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting policies, regulatory and/or governmental regulations, and agency guidelines to assure compliance. Works directly with operating entities to provide process analyses oversight on a continuing basis to enforce requirements and meet guidelines. Leads audit and inspection preparation, resolution of audit and inspection findings and liaises with auditing groups and inspectors through all stages of the audits. Co-ordinates legal requests in support of government investigations or litigations. Ensures the quality assurance programs and policies are maintained and modified regularly. Facilitates uniform standards worldwide and enables best practice sharing, thereby fostering the achievement of company’s mission globally.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
The QC Inspector is responsible, but not limited, to the following functions and duties:
• Perform Quality Assurance Inspections/Audits at site and other QC duties as assigned.
• Serve as the Site’s Center’s Safety and Environmental Leader.
• Inspect and certify aircraft at specific intervals as required by L-3, the Government, and the FAA.
• Troubleshoot system malfunctions and perform necessary corrective actions.
• Remove and replace defective components.
• Comply with Service Bulletins, Instructions and Airworthiness Directives as directed.
• Perform preflight/postflight, turn around inspections and servicing when required.
• Perform maintenance on Ground Support Equipment (GSE).
• Candidate must meet deployable requirements.
• Travel may be required.
Work hours may be adjusted for operational requirements.
Position may be located at Bagram and Kandahar, based upon contractual need.
Education and Experience Required:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• FAA Airframe and Powerplant license.
• A minimum of three (3) years recent hands on airframe and powerplant experience
• A minimum of one (1) year of C-12 hands on experience. Note: The 1 year of C-12 experience may be waived at the Program Manager discretion if the candidate has demonstrated proficiencies in comparable areas.
• Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) or Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) experience strongly desired.
• Must be able to meet the MOD 11 USEDNTCOM Individual Protection and Individual/Unit Deployment Policy, Tab A: Amplification of the Minimal Standards of Fitness for Deployment to the CENTCOM AOR, or any other requirement by CRC.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid/current passport and visa.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Leadership and management skills directing assigned personnel complying with established policies, procedures, and operations throughout the organization
• Ability to communicate accurately and concisely on technical matters, orally and in writing.
• Must be able to travel to other locations requiring overnight stay.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions:
Climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, extensive walking and working in tiring uncomfortable positions. May require lifting of objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds. Must be able to travel to other locations requiring overnight stay.
Environmental conditions are diverse and could range from an office environment where there is no physical discomfort to an environment where inclement weather may subject individuals to severe changes in temperature, less than adequate lighting, dust and wind. On occasion individuals may be required to work in areas where high noise hazards will prevail and hearing protection is required. Office work conditions will expend approximately 10% of the candidate's time and approximately 90% will be expended in more harsh conditions.
L-3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
US Security Clearance Required: Secret
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Apply For This Job