Location:Closing date: 25 Sep 2016
A position most suitable for a mid- to senior-level expert in monitoring and evaluation with experience in Security and Justice programming who will be based in Jakarta. This will be a long term position.
You will lead monitoring and evaluation for a multi-year program, including leadership of a team of Indonesian and foreign experts. Your responsibilities will include:
· Lead the design of an M&E framework.
· Recommend, design and implement quantitative and qualitative methods to gather and interpret information on program performance.
· Collect and analyze data, and coordinate your team’s contributions to project communications and reporting requirements.
As the above examples demonstrate, you will enjoy a diverse set of challenges. Your basic mission is to help the program and implementing organizations to understand how well the program is performing, what works and why, and to maximize performance. Ultimately, the purpose of your role is to improve justice for vulnerable groups in Indonesia.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Farsight’s work environment and culture:
· The organization combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
· You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
· There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
· The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
· You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Farsight’s work environment and culture:
· Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
· Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
· Travel schedules are heavy.
· A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
An excellent candidate
To succeed in this position, you would start with the following:
· At least seven years of monitoring and evaluation experience. We value experience in the development sector and experience in results management for organizations outside of the development sector.
· Experience in conducting monitoring and evaluation of Security and Justice programming. This could include experience in designing the framework or conducting the evaluation. In particular, experience working on evaluation for prevention programs would be advantageous.
· Demonstrated capacity to design monitoring and evaluation frameworks and make decisions on methods. You will have successfully used approaches such as: combining quantitative and qualitative information for evaluation purposes; a theory of change; a logical framework.
· Proven success planning and leading evaluations for large, complex projects requiring strong communication skills to liaise with multiple stakeholders.
· Proficiency in English. Basic skills in Bahasa Indonesia would be an advantage for this role, but not mandatory.
To apply for this role
On or before 25 September 2016, send a CV and introductory email or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.