Closing date: 21 Sep 2016
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. The salary range for this position is set in scale 10 with a gross monthly salary range between € 2,972 up to € 4,573 based on 36 hours per week. We offer an employment contract for one year with the possibility of an extension.
Main goal of the job
Ensure that Oxfam Novib’s security strategy is developed, implemented, monitored, reviewed and in line with the Oxfam International security strategy and reviewed; consistent with Oxfam policies, standards and requirements.
• Keeping Oxfam Novib’s security management policy up-to-date and in line with Oxfam International security policy,, implementing and following of adjustments; For this purpose you will work closely together with relevant departments, managers, field offices and HR colleagues;
• Advising colleagues and managers on the field of security, for instance about methods for risk analysis and the application of guidelines;
• Evaluating the (regional) state of security in the countries where we work;
• Informing and sharing of knowledge on the area of security management policies and guidelines;
• Promoting of the overall security awareness within the organization, including collaboration with HR colleagues for developing means to achieve this;
• Participating and contributing to (inter)national forums and other national and international organizations such as the Dutch Security Network, the Oxfam International Security Network, EISF (European Interagency Security Forum);
• At least a HBO (Bachelor) degree in a for the function relevant direction, preferably complemented with vocational courses/trainings;
• A minimum of five year experience in the area of security management within a development organization;
• Demonstrable practical experience in an advice function on developing and implementing security management policy and security evaluations;
• Experience of working in the context of insecure countries;
• Excellent written and spoken Dutch and English and a reasonable knowledge of French;
• Good advice- and negotiating skills, knows to tactfully convince people internally and externally, even in situations of conflicting interests, crisis and time pressure;
• Competence to work independent with strong organizational skills;
• Flexible to work on irregular times, in common situations in the evening or during the weekend, and the commitment to travel.
How To Apply:
Are you interested? Please send your application letter and CV, click here. Your application must be received September 21, 2016 at the latest. For questions you can contact Tom Keunen; Tom.Keunen@oxfamnovib.nl
Applicants must be nationals of an European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.