8 weeks on, 4 weeks off subject to operational requirements - Leave will only be granted subject to operational requirements
Duration of Task
One year with Possible extension
* Security Clearance – CPP Team Leaders, Team Member 2i/c and Team Member/Driver – must hold or be eligible to obtain and be in the process of obtaining an Australian national Security clearance and at the min level of Secret (NV1) in accordance with the SOP clause 4.21 – individuals who fail to obtain or retain will be subject to removal. Notwithstanding the above, each CPP team must contact at least one member that holds Secret (NV) national security clearance unless a waiver is obtained
* Sound knowledge and relevant skill set regarding the planning and conduct of CPP operations in a high risk environment
* Ability to communicate in Pashto/Dari is an advantage
* Relevant CPP or other qualifications obtained either in police or military roles and/or relevant CPP or other qualifications or accreditation obtained through a recognized private sector registered training organization
* First Aid – minimum level of 25% of the CPP personnel should be trained as a minimum to HLTAID005 Provide First Aid in Remote Situations standard, or to a higher standard appropriate to high risk environment.
* Should preferably be ex-military or an ex law enforcement police officer with excellent record of conduct
* Previous in-country experience in a similar capacity would be an advantage
* Operate as a driver in a B6 armoured vehicle as part of a mobile protection team.
* Operate as a vehicle commander as part of a mobile protection team.
* Act as a PPO to Diplomatic clients as part of a mobile protection team.
* Act as PPO to Diplomatic clients whilst they conduct their daily duties.
* Must be able to work alone and as part of a team with both expats and host country nationals.