Depending on location, the salary package for these roles is generally £53,004 - £65,172 per annum including basic salary, Hardship allowance and cost of living allowance.
About the roles:
Our Technical Field Managers are the core of our work, and actively manage and lead our teams of national staff to safely implement our life saving work. The PSSM Technical Field Managers, deal regularly with national and local defence and security authorities, including the police and military, on weapons and ammunition stockpile management. Operations focussing on armoury construction, design and management, Weapons management, assessment of SALW needs and bulk demolitions. They must be willing to lead from the front, responsible for the day-to-day management of our technical interventions and being involved in all aspects of MAG’s project work, including administration, finance, procurement of equipment, reporting and planning. Roles can often be remote, working in challenging contexts away from home comforts, but the life-saving impact the work has on local communities is very real, and rewarding. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in MAG’s life-saving work on a day-to-day basis.
You must be qualified and experienced in PSSM work, with previous experience working for a similar organisation, either in the humanitarian or commercial sector. You must be willing to take on the challenges of working in the developing world, as part of a flexible and committed team, to save lives in communities which need it most. We are currently seeking applications from French and English speakers.
You should be aware though, MAG’s areas of operations are often remote with basic amenities, so you will need to be able to live and work in challenging environments, where the need for your skills and MAG’s work is most.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
• Salary: The total salary package for this position is £53,004 - £65,172 per annum
*Please see the general information for full terms and conditions related to this.
• Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
• Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You'll have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year. Staff in hardship programmes are also be entitled to an additional 10 or 15 days hardship leave, depending on location.
• Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year.
• Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
How to Apply
Please return the application form and your CV to email@example.com by the closing date of 4 September 2016.