Location: United Arab Emirates
Conrad Dubai is looking for a Security Team Leader to supervise, lead and train subordinate personnel, oversee the daily operations to ensure a safe and secure environment of our guests, visitors, and team members. You will assume the responsibility for all initial emergency responses, and all specific works, projects, administrative duties, tasks, investigations, inspections, etc.
As a Security Team Leader, you are responsible for the safety and security of all Guests, Team Members and contractors, and visitors while at the hotel. A Security Supervisor is also responsible for the safety and security of the hotel premises and the oversight of the Security Team. Specifically, the Security Supervisor will perform the following tasks at the highest level of service:
• Foot patrol of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Evaluate situations and make logical decisions on how to proceed and direct work.
• Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, assisting with problems, and coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons and property.
• Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority. Prepare schedules and relate relevant information on house count, conventions, arrivals and departures from each shift.
• Promote secure and safe work practices. Assist in ensuring compliance with OSHA standards and preventive measures. Assist in the development, administration and implementation of safety and security incentive programs and safety and security trainings. Visually identify correct and record safety and security hazards.
• Lead and direct investigations of accidents, thefts, property loss and unlawful activities, Document details and advise the management.
• Memorize and monitor life safety and security systems including accurate layout of entire building, locations of stand pipes, fire extinguishers, complete alarm reports and checks and report any pertinent information from each shift.
• Observe monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
• Administer CPR and First Aid.
What are we looking for?
A Security Supervisor serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
• Five years of security or military experience or as stated by the local law
• Ability to effectively deal with Internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information
• Ability to listen effectively, speak read and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information.
• Ability to use a variety of programs on the computer in order to prepare correspondence, produce reports and presentations and communicate via email.
• Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential functions for duration of the shift.
• Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations or suspicious activities.
• Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions
• Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing up to 50 lbs, sufficient manual dexterity in hands
• Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges
• In general, maintains the objectives, policies, and procedures laid out in all hotel handbooks, training materials, memorandums and directives, as well as state and federal standards
• Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments and to delegate work to the security officers and CCTV operators
• Ability to take the proper corrections and/or discipline the security officers whenever needed
• Ability to plan and schedule the officers according to the work needs and events.
• Perform proper investigation for all issues reported to him/her during their shift that are relevant to the four categories: Crime, incidents, medical, and traffic.
• Assist in identifying trends on their shift, creating strategic plans, and preventing similar occurrences in the future
• Responsible for the officers of their shift and for maintaining a safe and secure environment, keeping the peace and acting on any actual or potential violations of federal, state or municipal codes, as well as the violation of Hilton Worldwide code of conduct.