Location: South Korea
Amazon Korea is looking to hire highly motivated, best-in-class Regional Data Center Security Manager to provide hands on support for our Data Center locations across Korea.
The successful candidate will be responsible for compliance with the same security standards in Korea as implemented in the EU, APAC and US government standards, have an understanding of Information security best practices, maintaining compliance with standards such as ISO 27001 or PCI, implementation of new processes and adherence to existing Amazon policy and procedure relating to security guarding and hardware installation projects form single device up to full DC build outs, including build-out and installation of security control rooms and access control, intruder alarm systems and digital recording systems and other related vendor supplied services. You will be the go-to person within Korea DCO to get new Security installations completed on time and within budget. You will be required to communicate status updates and ensure adherence to tight schedules and deadlines.
You will work with internal and external partners to maintain and enhance the security and safety of Amazon. You will coordinate physical security (security services, access control and CCTV systems, site surveys), investigations, risk/threat assessments, the volunteer emergency response team (ERT), fire and life safety systems. You will supervise employees and contractors performing specific security and safety objectives and monitor vendor performance and expenses.
- Implement performance of data center security standards, policies and practices; manage the daily operations of the vendors providing services including security, life-safety systems, training and risk assessment; conduct investigations of Code of Conduct and other violations as needed.
- Collaborate with internal groups (DC Engineering , DC Operations, etc.) and outside groups (Vendors, Emergency Services, etc.) as they relate to daily operations.
- Develop security plans for on-site special events and other unique security situations to assure proper access control and evacuation procedures are followed.
- Perform data analysis and create benchmarking to support risk assessments and threat identification.
- Partner with Data Center Engineering and other business units to identify safety and security deficiencies, and develop customized policies and procedures to gain compliance with regulations internal and external.
- BA/BS degree
- Extensive experience in corporate security and workplace safety.
- Experience designing and implementing investigative tactics including interviewing and documentation.
- Considerable knowledge of laws and practices of investigations and workplace safety.
- Considerable knowledge of current security technology including access control, CCTV, identification and special applications.
- High ethical standards with proven ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information; excellent judgment, discretion and diplomacy.
- Must exhibit excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.