Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Req Id 46561
GardaWorld International Protective Services is the international security division of GardaWorld Security Corporation, the world's largest privately owned security company. Our services include static security, consulting, threat monitoring and reporting, crisis response, logistical support, mobile security, close protection, training and risk management.
Our corporate vision is to be the recognized global leader in providing comprehensive security, crisis response and risk management services in high-risk and complex environments delivered at a world-class level by the best quality personnel in the industry. Our mission is to protect and support our clients, securing their place in a complex world by consistently delivering quality services and value, while growing our business.
We are seeking suitably qualified, experienced Australian candidates to be considered for addition to our Standby List for future opportunities as they arise. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please click the Apply button to register your interest.
AEGIS Job specification: Static Security Guard Commanders– Kabul - Subject to successful completion of all documentation and medical checks /confirmation
Static Security Guard Commanders
Contractor, AEGIS WORLDWIDE (AUSTRALIA) PTY LIMITED
TBC - Subject to further confirmation/interview/successful induction etc
AEGIS offers a competitive daily rate to all personnel. (Contractor will only be paid for days spent on-duty)
8 weeks on, 4 weeks off subject to operational requirements - Leave will only be granted subject to operational requirements
Duration of Task
One year with Possible extension
Travel pay none is offered. The first day of pay is the day of your arrival in Theatre. Your last day of pay is the day of your departure from Theatre. No domestic transit allowance applicable
Aegis will provide the Independent Contractor with housing, food and transportation while you are in Theatre along with insurances
The Hub Airport designated by the Company. Aegis Worldwide (Australia) PTY Ltd will provide economy class flights (subject to availability) to and from the Consultant’s designated International Hub Airport for each leave rotation.
Further information can be found in the Contractor Travel SOI, copy will provided upon acceptance
* A National Criminal History check (aka Police check/clearance is required
* Sound knowledge and skills set regarding the conduct and supervison of security operations including static guarding in a high threat environment
* Able to communicate in Pashto/Dari is an advantage
* Should be ex military or an ex police officer with an excellent record of conduct
* Must not have a criminal record
* Must not have been dishonourably discharged from employment
SSGC Roles and Responsibilities
* Maintain professional working relationships with DFAT clients.
* Mentor local guard and OCN personnel and oversee their day-to-day responsibilities. Lead by example and have a genuine desire to interact positively and constructively with local personnel.
* Develop the guards into a strong and cohesive team. Establish a strong working relationship with the guards through mutual trust and respect.
* Conduct monthly training in accordance with the program
* Qualify on the M4 rifle and the Glock 9mm pistol each rotation
* Escort clients by foot and vehicle to and from the office to their accommodation.
* Secure all clients and contracted staff in the event of an attack
* Coordinate the security and defense of all Australian Embassy sites during incidents
* Monitor and log Clients on and off site
* Monitor CCTV screens
* Manage the search teams at residences and check points
* Weekly reporting on all LN and OCN staff
* Report on incidents involving LN and OCN staff at Embassy facilities
* Conduct a weekly security review of the compounds
* Report to the Static Security Manager and Static Security Officer
* Maintain a level of fitness necessary to conduct work in accordance with the SOPs
For further information about GardaWorld please follow link: www.garda.com/gw
Please note: any Information provided shall be used by AEGIS to evaluate your qualifications for engaging as a contractor.
Any deployment to the Middle East carries a degree of risk, for more information please go to http://xplored.garda-world.com/site/register where you can obtain the latest analysis, information and threat assessment
Presentation of falsified credentials or false statements can lead to termination of any engagement (or future engagement) with the company.
* Part of the GardaWorld group of companies