Employer: The St Regis Dubai
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,270 properties in some 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®).
• Ensure familiarity with U.A.E. Laws related to but not limited to, responsible service of alcohol, trespass, use of force, powers of arrest, vagrancy, conduct & U.A.E. terms of acceptability.
• Know thoroughly all Emergency & Crisis Management Plans & Immediate Actions.
• Conduct/Lead shift briefings daily and update Risk Officer/s in regards to relevant shift information in order to prepare the Security team for duty.
• Deploy Risk Officers & ensure their smooth rotation during designated shifts.
• Conduct ‘periodic’ rounds to ensure the alertness & compliance of Hotel FOE’s.
• Assist Risk Officers in pro-actively maintaining at the highest standards the protection of people, property & assets.
• Inspect the accurate updating of administrative records by Risk Officers.
• Ensure Lost & Found FOE’s are strictly implemented.
• Maintain ‘Access Control’ & ensure checking & validating of visitor credentials.
• Assist in the supervision and application of key control systems for all rooms, back of house and Master Keys, etc.
• Maintain all FOE’s Procedures as related to all Security Control Rooms, Operations and Outlets.
• Train, educate & orientate all Security Officers under direct responsibility on installing St Regis policies, procedures, code of ethics on all Officers.
• Use “corrective action” where and when needed via the Colleague Discussion Form.
• Partake in relevant training sessions as provided by the St Regis Abu Dhabi Human Resources Department.
• Participate in O.H.S. meetings as a permanent member of the O.H.S. committee.
• Conduct Audits/Inspections/Checks as requested by Security & Hotel Management.
• Report all maintenance requirements & hazards in the workplace to the respected departments as well as Superior, (e.g. Risk Manager/Director of Risk Assessment) and take ‘ownership’ of the issue until it is resolved.
• To investigate and create a formal report of any incidents that occur during designated shift period and ensure follow up of all investigations is conducted till investigation is finalised and results are communicated as per Hotel FOE.
• Conduct ‘End of Shift’ Security reports and brief the ‘relieving’ Risk Supervisor of any significant information needed to perform their duties as required.
• Contribute to improvement of the Security Department by participating in Security Department meetings and forwarding ideas/recommendations regularly.
• Ensure, Risk Officers display ‘professionalism & courtesy’ when conducting searches of personnel, vehicles & bags etc. Search FOE’s to be strictly followed.
• Conduct all duties responsibly & professionally as a St Regis Hotel representative.
• Be subject to a 3 month review after signing this document, of all of the above to ensure expectations are at an exceeding or mastering level.
• High School Year 12 Certificate or Equivalent
• First aid trained and certified with the U.A.E
• Minimum 3 years policing, security or military service
• Preferably have twelve months hotel supervisory experience not necessarily in the Security Department.