This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Reports to the Security Supervisor and works under direct guidance of Security Guard Lead. The Security Guard is a highly visible, unarmed uniform position, assigned to the Security Section. The Security Guard provides physical security and loss prevention to the site in order to maintain a secure and safe work environment. The position requires maturity, judgment, communication skills and team player skill sets. The position regularly interacts, internally and externally with the customer (US Army) and other government representatives including civilian personnel.
Major Job Activities
1. Access control, security patrols and Loss Prevention - Deterring theft, pilferage, vandalism, arson, and other acts or crimes against Government and company property.
2. Monitors and ensures proper identification of employees and visitors through access control points.
3. Maintains entry and exit control logs, journal record of assigned shift security post activities and other required documentation.
4. Follows detailed instructions and procedures to accomplish work objectives in the performance of routine, repetitive standardized tasks.
5. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
6. Maintains and enforce professional standards.
7. Observes, monitors and reports any and all incidents and suspicious activities immediately to the Lead/Supervisor.
8. Sounds alarm and/or calls police, fire, emergency personnel in case of fire or medical emergencies.
9. Handles stressful situations, resolves questions and problems and refers more complex issues to the Lead/Supervisor.
10. Will work as a member of team and support the Chain of Command.
11. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Handheld radio, safety vest, flashlight and other electronic communication equipment
Work is generally conducted in the out-of-doors area with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions. However, duties may involve the conduct of work in a shop environment
Work will require lifting up to 50 lbs., stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published company work rules. Employee must meet Theater Physical Standards in accordance with CENTCOM guidance.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Position requires incumbent to be licensed to drive in Kuwait. US State Driver’s License and ability to obtain a Kuwait Driver’s License or a current Kuwait Driver’s License is required.
SECRET Clearance – ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET Clearance
A minimum of two years in law enforcement, military police, or security related field. This may be waived in case of a minimum of two years of other experience or specific skill sets or education of use to Guard Force operations and administration.
Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required. Computer skills required include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel. Must demonstrate professionalism and objectivity when listening to conflicting perspectives. Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time