Employer: World Trade Organization
Starting Salary: CHF 71.167 net per annum (approximate) Issued On: 21 July 2016
(27 day(s) until closing date)
Currently accepting applications
Application Deadline (CET): 22 August 2016
Duration: Two years with the possibility of extension.
Reporting to the Security Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for undertaking a variety of tasks contributing to the daily operations of the WTO Security and Safety Section.
1. Assist in the supervision of the daily work of over 38 outsourced security staff according to the terms and conditions of the contract; ensure that the Security Manager is immediately made aware of situations of non-compliance and initiate action to rectify situations of non-compliance as required.
2. Provide WTO travellers the relevant security information on travel destinations in high or extreme risks in accordance with the assessment from the travel security provider. Provide briefings on security risk for official missions as requested by WTO travellers.
3. May be asked to provide briefings on security risk and threat assessment for events organized by the WTO.
4. Execute the security coverage for routine meetings, conferences, VIP visits and special events taking place at the WTO and other locations as required.
5. Ensure that all operational directives from the Security Manager are fully implemented and that the outsourced security guards are kept abreast of the Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs).
6. Supervise special security operations as instructed by the Security Manager and take charge of initial security and safety responses for minor incidents requiring the attention of the Security and Safety Section (24/7).
7. Replace and assume the functions, duties and responsibilities of the Security Manager during planned and unplanned absences.
8. Undertake any other tasks in the Security and Safety Section as required.
Completed secondary education. Specialized security training from a law enforcement agency (e.g. Ministry of Interior), fire department/emergency response service and/or military (e.g. Ministry of Defence) is required.
Knowledge and skills:
Familiarity with risk assessment in the context of international organizations or national istitutions will be considered an asset.
Organizational skills. Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Ability to relate to and build relationships with colleagues; ability to present technical facts to knowledgeable specialised audiences; ability to cope with and resolve conflicts through interpreting provided guidelines on how to resolve them: ability to work as a member of a team, relating to others, while working independently to achieve his/her objectives; and the ability to supervise a group of people in their day-to-day work.
At least five years of relevant experience in a law enforcement agency, military, and/or fire safety service, including at least two years with supervisory responsibilities.
Additional professional experience working for the security service of an international organization, large conference centre will be considered an asset.
Experience in training a group of security officers is highly desirable.
An excellent oral and written knowledge of French and a very good knowledge of English.
The position may be offered at a lower grade if the selected candidate does not fully meet all the required qualifications.
Only applications from nationals of WTO Members will be accepted.