Reporting to: Corporate Security Department and the Head of Operations
SF is an authoritative risk management consultancy operating from Nairobi, Kenya. The company operates with a proven track record in difficult and complex environments, offering support to governments,corporations and private clients.
Since 2005 SF have been providing risk mitigation and commercial security operations across Africa and on the high seas. From its three divisions (Maritime, Energy, Investigations, Corporate Security) SF is able to offer a range of services tailored to fit each client’s unique requirement. The divisions secure assets, facilitate business, build assurance and help encourage sensible and managed entry, expansions and growth into the African market.
The Security Consultant will report to the Project Manager. The Security Consultant will conduct security briefings for the client and ensure that the client’s staff are briefed on actions, tasks and potential problems. Whilst deployed they will be responsible for delivery of the security plan to ensure the security of the project and be able to make decisions and take actions in the field to ensure the project is a success. They will report on their actions as required. .
• Act as the security lead for the project
• Ensuring close communication with the:
o Project Manager
o Project Security Coordinator
o Operations Team
• Responsible for identifying, evaluating and assessing security risks to a project, assets and personnel
• Ensure the client staff are aware of actions in an emergency and be able to coordinate these
• Responsible for generating and managing reports for the project management team and Salama Fikira
• Design and conduct training to ensure adherence to the security plan
• Understand SF’s security services, standard operating procedures and protocols
• To keep continually under review safety and security procedures and policies, ensuring that they are kept relevant to the evolving safety and security context of each task
• Assist in the management of the design and implementation of project related security strategies, security policies/standards and establish a concrete course of action for their implementation and review
Desired Competencies and Required Experience
• 5 Years military / local law authority experience
• Security Consultancy Experience as a Team Leader or Equivalent for 18 months
• Worked and lived in Africa
• Excellent command of English language and local language in both written and verbal mediums
• Good Computer skills proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Power Point and Excel are essential
• Possess a clean and in-date driving license
• Strong team player with logistics experience
• An awareness of external influences, such as legislation within legal, national and HSSE frameworks
• Stakeholder management with strong emphasis on execution and control
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience in facilitating safety and security trainings
• Ability to travel and work in under pressure in difficult environments
• Be of sound physical and mental health
How To Apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply . Please ensure you attached both a covering letter and your CV to the email. Someone from our HR department will revert in due course if your CV has been shortlisted for any of the roles.
Email available to paid-up Members/Subscribers ONLY