Employer: GardaWorld International Protective Services
Location: Basra, Iraq, Iraq
Req Id 58401
GardaWorld International Protective Services is the international security division of GardaWorld Security Corporation, the world's largest privately owned security company. Our services include static security, consulting, threat monitoring and reporting, crisis response, logistical support, mobile security, close protection, training and risk management.
Our corporate vision is to be the recognized global leader in providing comprehensive security, crisis response and risk management services in high-risk and complex environments delivered at a world-class level by the best quality personnel in the industry. Our mission is to protect and support our clients, securing their place in a complex world by consistently delivering quality services and value, while growing our business.
GardaWorld now seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced contractors for potential hire for a contract in Basra (Subject to confirmation) - would ideally suit candidates with Eastern European background for hire by Aegis Defence Services (BVI) Limited, part of the GardaWorld Group
Closing date for applications: Sunday 17 July 2016
AEGIS Job specification: TL – Project in Basra
Subject to successful completion of all documentation and medical checks /confirmation
Contractor, Aegis Defence Services (BVI) Limited*
DATES TO BE CONFIRMED however predicted to be August 2016 (Subject to visa processing etc)
Aegis will offer competitive day rate, Contractor will not be reimbursed whilst off-duty *Some tax may be payable locally to those hired in Iraq on non-US Government contracts.
8 weeks on and 4 off – rotation to be expected however candidates need to be flexible and will be driven by operational requirement, all subject to operational requirements. Beware the Initial hitch may be shorter.
Duration of Task
Travel pay none is offered. The first day of pay is the day of your arrival in Theatre. Your last day of pay is the day of your departure from Theatre.
Aegis will provide the Independent Contractor with housing, food and transportation while you are in Theatre along with insurances
The Hub Airport designated by the Company. Aegis BVI will provide economy class flights (subject to availability) to and from the Consultant’s designated International Hub Airport for each leave rotation.
(The cost of travel to the Aegis London Office or to the departure point for deployment is your responsibility and therefore not chargeable to the Company. Similarly on return from a project all travel costs from the designated entry point of arrival in your home country are your responsibility)
* Must have FPOS-I MIRA
* Former military experience (or Law Enforcement) experience of 5 years is expected
* Must have Formal CP training & license from an accredited organization i.e. Security Industry Authority (SIA CP License) or SA (or equivalent)
* Previous experience in Oil and Gas industry desirable.
* Min of 1 year previous experience in the Middle East as a TL .
* Excellent standard of English written and verbal skills required
* Be in possession of a current driving licence.
* Must be able to work productively under pressure.
* Will need to demonstrate flexibility.
* Be in possession of a clean police criminal records check.
SET Team Leaders are responsible for the daily management, operational training, conduct, discipline and welfare of their Iraqi and expatriate SET members, as well as for the effective planning, preparation and execution of SET operations in accordance with SOPs. SET Team Leaders are instrumental in the delivery of key Project services to the client. He will work directly and answer to the project Security Operations Manager (SOM).
* Daily management, operational training, conduct, discipline and welfare of Iraqi and expatriate SET members.
* Leadership, to include the command, motivation and maintenance of cohesion of the team to provide excellence of security provision in line with his commander’s intent – setting the example.
* Close supervision and mentoring of all Iraqi team members.
* Responsible for fostering individual team members’ professional development.
* Contribute to long term retention of expatriate and Iraqi team members alike.
* Maintain all personal Aegis issued weaponry, equipment and clothing to highest standards possible and presentation of timely R2.
* Ensure maintenance and cleanliness of team-issued equipment, weaponry and vehicles according to Aegis regulations.
* Maintain high level of Operation Security (OPSEC) standards whilst on duty and on leave.
* Administration, to include preparation of mission paperwork, routine reports and returns, risk assessments, leave plots and equipment husbandry.
* Communications, to include the use of communications equipment, briefing skills and report-writing.
* To provide security escort and close protection of clients to and at project sites.
* Effective and sustainable planning, preparation, execution and post-mission procedures of SET operations in accordance with SOPs and SOP compliant TTPs.
* Close protection skills, to include instructional ability to train the team members in TTPs, weapons skills, driving skills and tactical situation appreciation and awareness
* The TL role will be filled by an expat TL Leave cover position in his/her absence.
* The TL may be called on to advise the PROJECT management and provide manpower to cover shortfalls, should they be required to do so. Must ensure mission capability and is responsible for arranging temporary loan of assets, to include personnel and vehicles in order to maintain mission capability.
* The TL is to represent the intent of commanders and the project to his/her subordinates and vice versa.
* The TL is to perform any other tasks and duties as directed by PROJECT management.
For further information about GardaWorld please follow link: www.garda.com/gw
Please note: any Information provided shall be used by AEGIS to evaluate your qualifications for engaging as a contractor.
Any deployment to the Middle East carries a degree of risk, for more information please go to http://xplored.garda-world.com/site/register where you can obtain the latest analysis, information and threat assessment
Presentation of falsified credentials or false statements can lead to termination of any engagement (or future engagement) with the company.
*Part of the GardaWorld group of companies
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Consulting, Temporary, Risk Management, Project Manager, Finance, Technology, Contract