Employer: Garda World
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Req Id 58561
GardaWorld International Protective Services is the international security division of GardaWorld Security Corporation, the world's largest privately owned security company. Our services include static security, consulting, threat monitoring and reporting, crisis response, logistical support, mobile security, close protection, training and risk management.
Our corporate vision is to be the recognized global leader in providing comprehensive security, crisis response and risk management services in high-risk and complex environments delivered at a world-class level by the best quality personnel in the industry. Our mission is to protect and support our clients, securing their place in a complex world by consistently delivering quality services and value, while growing our business.
GardaWorld now seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced contractors for potential hire for a contract in Afghanistan (Subject to confirmation) - would ideally suit candidates with Eastern European or South African background
Closing date for applications: Sunday 17 July 2016
Approx 29 July 2016 (Subj to your visa status)
GardaWorld will offer competitive daily rate (Contractor only paid whilst on-Duty)
6 weeks on / 6 weeks off – Subject to operational dependent on client requirement
Duration of Task:
Until June 2017 – subject to confirmation
Travel pay is one half of the On-Duty rate for day(s) spent travelling from the contractor’s country of residence to the place of work (max of 2 days) and on return to the country of residence (max of 2 days).There is no £75 travel allowance applicable on this project placement.
GardaWorld will provide the Independent Contractor with appropriate accommodation at the SAFI Landmark Hotel , insurance, flights and life support
The Hub Airport designated by the Company for the Consultant will be located in the United Kingdom and will be the most cost effective option available to the Company at the time of booking a flight.
Operational effectiveness will also be considered when booking the flight. Such Hub Airport may not be the one geographically closest to Consultant’s residence and, as such, may require Consultant paying for the cost to and from such airport or making up the difference if Consultant resides outside the United Kingdom.
For example: If the cost to deploy GW Contractor from his local airport hub to Afghanistan is more than GBP1300 using diplomatic flights or £1000 with commercial airlines then any additional costs will be borne by the contractor
Further information can be found in the GardaWorld Contractor Travel SOI, copy will provided upon acceptance
* Previous project management experience is required
* Minimum seven year’s military or police experience
* Must have previous experience in Kabul
* Min of five years commercial experience in a similar role
* Understanding of DABS projects and client base
* Be experienced in client relations
* Good communication skills and the ability to develop professional work relations with Local National staff
* Knowledge and experience to provide operational oversight of a Local National mobile and static (LN) force protection teams - (Experience with managing, training, and mentoring guard force is preferred)
* Manage, deliver and coordinate continuation training for LN staff, including the administration of training files
* MUST be computer literate, able to write basic reports, Standard Operational Procedures, and email. Being familiar with Egnyte, PSC1 and QHSE standards is required
* Advanced security training and experience with Risk management including problem identification and problem solving required.
* Must have experience and be comfortable working in austere environments, at reach, for prolonged periods of time
* Experience in delivering training to HCNs
* Must be able to maintain a monthly financial budget based on operational requirements
* Must be culturally sensitive
* Must have attended and successfully passed an established Close Protection training course.
* SOP and report writing essential. (English) & able to brief clients/others in English
* Previous static guarding supervision / management is required
* MUST BE ABLE TO USE MICROSOFT OFFICE PROGRAMMES, INCLUDING EXCEL, POWERPOINT, AND WORD
To act as Project Risk Manager providing security to the client base of a US funded project. Must be able to work alone or part of a team which would include other Local Nationals. Must be proficient in producing venue recce reports, route recce reports, post-op reports and conduct security assessments hence, must be computer literate primarily in word and excel. Must be able to plan and conduct moves in and around the local area and fieldtrips to provincial areas. Must be proficient with the AK47 and various 9mm side-arms. Should be proficient in the use of different types of mapping and competent with a GPS. Ideally should be able to assist with the training of the LN Guard Forces so some instructional ability useful. Must remain patient and flexible at all times to the client’s needs without compromising safety..
For further information about GardaWorld please follow link: www.garda.com/gw
Please note: any Information provided shall be used by GardaWorld to evaluate your qualifications for engaging as a contractor.
Any deployment to the Middle East carries a degree of risk, for more information please go to http://xplored.garda-world.com/site/register where you can obtain the latest analysis, information and threat assessment