We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Reports to the Security Force Supervisor. The Lead Security Guard is a highly visible, unarmed uniform position, assigned to the security section. The position requires maturity, judgment, communication skills and team player skill sets. The position regularly interacts, internally and externally, with the customer (US Army) and other government representatives including civilian personnel. The Lead Security Guard provides oversight and guidance to the assigned shift security force in order to foster a safe and secure work environment.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%.
1. The Lead Security Guard while assigned to a respective day or night shift, monitors guard posts and conducts roving patrol of the work-site areas.
2. Provides detail instructions and procedures to the guard force in order to accomplish work objectives in the performance of routine, repetitive tasks.
3. Operates the guard force assigned vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
4. Fosters attitude of deterring theft, pilferage, vandalism, arson, and other acts or crimes against Government and Company property.
5. Monitors, Observes and Reports any and all incidents and suspicious activities in a timely fashion.
6. Monitors and ensures proper identification of mounted and dismounted employees and visitors through access control points.
7. Maintainer of entry and exit control logs and other required documentation.
8. Completes required paperwork in a timely and correct fashion.
9. Maintainer of records for assigned shift activities.
10. Uses good judgment and available information to resolve issues.
11. Handles stressful situations and provides a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
12. Demonstrates professionalism and serves as a role model for Security Force.
13. Works independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
14. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization and ensures compliance with ITT’s Code of Conduct and Core Values.
15. Serves as the Security Supervisor in their absence and performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Vectrus Management.
Work is generally conducted in the out-of-doors area with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions.
Work will require lifting up to 50 lbs., stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published company work rules. Employee must meet Theater Physical Standards in accordance with CENTCOM guidance.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High School Diploma or equivalent mandatory, Associates Degree preferred.
Position requires incumbent to be licensed to drive in Kuwait. US State Driver’s License and ability to obtain a Kuwait Driver’s License or a current Kuwait Driver’s License is required.
A minimum of two years of functional experience in law enforcement, military police, industrial or related security field. A minimum of three years supervisory experience as a Military Non Commissioned Officer or in a supervisory position in a security related field. An Associate’s Degree in law enforcement/criminology may be substituted for functional experience.
Excellent computer, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required. Computer skills include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate the security force leased vehicle assets. Must have a good working knowledge of office automation equipment to include Microsoft office applications such as word and excel in order to prepare rosters and other administrative documents.
Primary Location: Kuwait
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time