Location:Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• Provide professional security support to all AIG facilities and entities in the South Asia Region by mitigating risks, supporting security projects / initiatives, and responding to security incidents in a manner this is consistent with AIG Global Security Standards and Policy.
• This position will be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia as part of the Asia Pacific security team and report to the Head of Security for Asia Pacific.
• While based in KL, support of and travel to other countries in region will regularly be required.
• Support each AIG location in order to achieve Global Security Policy Requirements Compliance.
• Build and maintain strong business partnerships in order to be aware of security incidents. Elevate such issues to the Head of Security, Asia Pacific to ensure appropriate investigation and/or remediation takes place. Anticipate such incidents with proactive/preventative measures.
• Develop and maintain proper liaison with appropriate government agencies, professional organizations, and AIG designated security vendors.
• Develop and maintain subject matter expertise regarding regional and local laws and practices. Remain informed of regional incidents and threats that may impact AIG businesses within the Region
• Continue the remediation of findings identified in previous Site Security Assessments and conduct Site Security Assessments for additional locations within the Region.
• Implement greater standardization of existing and future policies and procedures as communicated by AIG Global Security that are consistent with, or superseded by, more stringent local laws and implementation needs (e.g., organize translation of key documents into local language) for the existing Company locations; as well as, new leased or purchased locations under consideration
• Provide proactive security communications and training; coordinate all training with Head of Security, Asia Pacific. Promote the department and its wide ranging assets to our internal clients.
• Drive standardized use of vendors and security solutions consistent with corporate directives.
• Provide operational and contractual oversight of guard services and security integrator services to ensure optimal price/performance
• Develop and maintain a security plan and budget needed to support the needs of the region, consistent with direction provided by the business, regional management and AIG Global Security
• Interface with Business Continuity and Real Estate regularly to facilitate synergies across these functional areas
• 10+ corporate security experience, mostly in APAC
• Proven success/track record in a multinational, western-based, financial services firms
• Military, Federal experience
• Knowledge of regional laws and practices relating to security
• Guard-force management (need not be direct experience)
• Self-starter. Able to multi-task and handle competing priorities
• Excellent English communication skills; including, comprehension, speaking, and business writing
• Proficiency in regional languages such as Malay, Indonesian, Thai, etc. is preferred but not required
• Experience with living and working in Asia Pacific
• Established network of government and corporate security professionals throughout Asia Pacific
• Strong conflict management and people skills
• Willingness and ability to travel and perform extended work hours - not a standard 9 to 5 position; especially with HQ located in NY
• Education, 4 year degree minimum
Desired Skills and Experience
Security Management Security Operations Security Training Security Risk Security Awareness
Click HERE To Apply