Location: London , Knightsbridge
The Close Protection Officer Objective:
To work as a member of the security team for the protection of persons and property and thereby the provision of a safe and secure environment.
Key Responsibilities the Close Protection Officer will carry out:The maintenance of good order on site including the protection of everyone therein against violent acts, abuse and accident.
The protection of a client’s property against loss, theft, damage (including fire and water) and waste.
The protection of private property belonging to the client, their staff and visitors against loss, theft and damage.
Prevent offences against the law of the land, Unitrust disciplinary codes and policies and ensure all are brought to the attention of the management.
Ensure basic fire precautions are in place and means of escape are clear.
CCTV monitoring including remote monitoring of 3 premises.
Access control for all premises, patrolling and general security duties.
Draft and maintain site procedures.
You will be responding to:
All fire alarms and related emergencies
Bomb alerts and all other types of related emergencies
All other types of incidents (e.g. floods, gas leaks, defective lifts etc.)
Intruders and other crime-related incidents
Providing in all cases, assistance in accordance with instructions and training
Additional Duties the Close Protection Officer will carry out:
Assisting with special visits as required
Assisting with mail deliveries when required
Carrying out in a professional and diligent manner all other duties properly assignable to the position of a professional Security Operative / Close Protection Officer
What makes you the perfect Close Protection Officer?
The ideal applicant will have the below competencies and qualifications:
- Officers must have the Security Industry Training Organisation basic qualification or equivalent experience.
- Must hold a valid Close Protection licence.
- Must have a military or police background.
- Carry and be capable or using all security equipment necessary to efficiently perform the duties required of a professional Security Operative / Close Protection Officer.
- Officers must undergo 1 to 2 days on site training
- Excellent literacy and communication skills and have excellent verbal and written English
- Possess a good telephone manner
- Be computer literate
- A consistently smart appearance
- Reliability, self-motivation and ability to use own initiative and work without supervision.
- The ability, tact and diplomacy to deal with people including the client, the client’s staff and visitors, in all circumstances including emergencies and other times of stress.
- Self-confidence and an interest in self-development.
- An excellent level of physical fitness to enable the post holder to perform patrol and emergency response duties efficiently and effectively.
- Experience working in residential security.
- Willingness to provide cover for other team members for holidays, sickness and short notice absences