Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• To contribute on the operational level and in his/her field of expertise, to the Mission mandate implementation in line with the CONOPS, OPLAN and Mission Implementation Plan (MIP), by executing border police control at the border and boundary Gates on a 24/7 basis and in a mobile capacity;
• To undertake border police checks on trains, vehicles and persons;
• To conduct on-the-spot investigation and interviews pursuant to the provisions of the criminal
procedural applicable law;
• To ensure timely and accurate reporting and information flow as per planning documents,
including the MIP and other reports of the Mission;
• To undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Head of Border/Boundary Unit North.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and Police Training, with a minimum of five years of relevant and proven full-time police experience as a Border Police officer.
Specification of Experience:
• At least five years of relevant and proven full-time police experience as a Border Police officer;
• Experience in international law enforcement operations in the area of border policing;
• Authorized to carry and issued a personal weapon;
• Driving licence of Category C;
• Staff member is expected to live in the north.
Specification of employment:
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and ability to operate a standard transmission vehicle.
- Unblemished background.
- Excellent health and be able to pass requisite physical, medical and psychological tests.
- U.S. Citizen. Must have a valid U.S. passport.
- Must pass a nine-panel drug test for THC, Cocaine, PCP (Phencyclidine), Opiates, Methamphetamine, Methadone, Amphetamine, Barbiturates, and Benzodiazepines
- Must be able to secure a Secret Clearance. (CPI will facilitate)
• Good understanding of the political, cultural and security situation of the Balkans, in particular Kosovo;
• International experience, particularly in crisis areas with multi-national and international organisations;
• Very good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral;
• Ability to perform under stress and in difficult circumstances;
• Substantial knowledge of the functioning of the EU and particular CSDP Missions;
• Completion of Hostile Environment A wareness Training (HEA T/HEST) or equivalent;
• Knowledge of Serbian language.
About the Business Line CPI is a government contractor that provides the U.S. Department of State access to specialized law enforcement, corrections, security, customs/border patrol, and Rule of Law expertise for international peacekeeping missions.
What We Offer CPI offers a competitive compensation package and an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental, life insurance, direct deposit and more.