This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Directly responsible as the functional matter expert in physical security to specifically include detailed instructions and procedures for Guards to accomplish work objectives in the performance of routine, repetitive standardized tasks. This position will supervise the physical security as well as administrative section supervision ,facilitating equipment requirements, coordinate and schedule fluctuating manning requirements. As required will supervise and assist the personnel security section. Additionally, will track and facilitate required positional and ancillary training, The Security Supervisor will support the coordination, training, implementation, testing and validation of all security action plans for all Security Guards at each site within their control. Establish and implement physical security requirements for protection of personnel and property within their control. The incumbent will provide functional supervision for ensuring compliance with security requirements established bylaws and contract provisions. The Security Supervisor will perform duties as Security Manager in his/her absence.
Major Job Activities:
1. Supervises and directs physical security measures necessary for the protection of Vectrus employees, the designated areas of responsibility and Government Property in accordance with the NISPOM, Vectrus and U.S. Army Regulations.
2. Uses good judgment and available information in order to resolve issues and remains objective at all times
3. Demonstrates professionalism, handles stressful situations and provides high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
4. Maintains an effective working and professional relationship; at all levels of the organization, to include Government
5. Reports to Security Manager any violations of on-duty conduct beyond his control.
6. Ensure employee performance evaluations are prepared professionally and submitted in a timely fashion to facilitate retention of quality personnel.
7. Ensure employee timesheets are complete and accurate before submission.
8. Review duty schedules to ensure proper manning of posts.
9. Review and manage vacation requests to ensure full coverage of all requirements.
10. Develop Security Plan that outlines strategies to protect Government Furnished Facilities, Government Furnished Properties and other Government Property within the AFSBn- Kuwait foot print
11. Conducts investigations into security violations within corporate guidelines.
12. Conducts site assessments of Facilities to ensure compliance with the NISPOM, Vectrus and U.S. Army Regulations.
13. Develop and implement Standard Operation procedures, post orders and other related documents for the accomplishment of daily tasks; and inspects to ensure established procedures are being followed.
14. Ensures accurate and current registration of all vehicles requiring routine access of the areas of responsibilities is
15. Ensure entry and exit control logs and other required documentation are filled out correctly.
16. Issues corrective actions to Security staff when in violation of Vectrus policies.
17. Serves as the Security NEO Warden and assist in Emergency Action Plans.
18. Develop training curriculum to ensure Security Team meets or exceeds contract requirements.
19.Good oral and written communications skills are required for correspondence, reports, briefings, security awareness and education.
20. Ensures inventory of Government Issued Equipment is completed.
21. Performs other duties and assignments as required by the Security and Base Operations Managers.
Material & Equipment Directly Used
Computer skills with office systems software to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Proficient writing skills
required for Work Instructions, PlOPS and Plans. Able to operateAutomobile, Mini Van and Pick Up Truck.
Work is generally conducted in an office environment; however, duties do involve the conductor work in the out-of-doors area with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions
Work will require lifting up to 50 lbs, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where apotential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.
Vision correctable to 20/20, good hearing and speaking is required to perform security duties to include supervision of a large shift guard force consisting of personnel with a wide variation in English Language skills dispersed over large open lots with extensive vehicle lay down.
Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published company work rules.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High School graduate or equivalent.
Position requires incumbent to be licensed to drive in Kuwait. US State Drivers License and ability to obtain a Kuwait Driver's
License or a current Kuwait Driver's License is Required.
Minimum of five years experience in security with a minimum of three years supervising a security or law enforcement team. Minimum of two years experience in an overseas DoD related security position with Physical Security
Strong working knowledge of information security, industrial security, personnel security and physical security. Leadership skills,management of teams. Must be able to obtain and maintain an industrial security clearance at the Secret level. Must be a U.S. citizen. Working knowledge of JPAS/JCAVS, OPM, e-Qip, NISPOM and other DA/DoD Personnel Security Policies.
Supervisory / Budget Responsibilities:
Supervises a Security Force of over 90 American and Foreign National personnel.
Primary Location: Kuwait
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time