Location: Tripoli Libya
We are seeking suitably qualified, experienced candidates to be considered for the role below. please click the Apply button to register your interest.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 22nd May 2016 GMT 16:00
(SUBJECT TO SUCCESSFUL INDUCTION / FUTURE CONFIRMATION)
Sunday 12th June 2016 TBC – Subject to Further confirmation/Visa processing/Successful Induction etc
GW offers a competitive daily rate to all personnel. (Contractor will only be paid for days spent on-duty)
8 weeks on, 4 weeks off – subject to operational requirements with a possibility of changing to 9&3 (lower rates but paid on leave)
Likely duration of task
Approx. until Feb 2017 – subject to further confirmation
Travel pay is one half of the On-Duty rate for day(s) spent travelling from the contractor’s country of residence to the place of work (max of 2 days) and on return to the country of residence (max of 2 days).
The Hub Airport designated by the Company for the Consultant will be located in the United Kingdom and will be the most cost effective option available to the Company at the time of booking a flight. Operational effectiveness will also be considered when booking the flight. Such Hub Airport may not be the one geographically closest to Consultant’s residence and, as such, may require Consultant paying for the cost to and from such airport or making up the difference if Consultant resides outside the United Kingdom.
For example: If the cost to deploy GW Contractor from his local airport hub to Libya is more than GBP 750.00 then any additional costs will be borne by the contractor
Further information can be found in the GardaWorld Contractor Travel SOI, copy will provided upon acceptance
Accommodation & food included, plus insurance & provision of flights from (nearest airport of departure) into theatre – See also “Flight Package“
Medical Quals are a minimum of;
· Must hold one of the following:
* HPC Registered Paramedic or equivalent
* HSE Offshore Medic Certificate
* Registered Nurse with critical care qualification
* Must hold a valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pre-Hospital Life Support (PHTLS)
* Able to demonstrate the physical aspects of casualty evacuation wearing body armour and medical equipment.
* Able to provide training to all team members in trauma and life support.
* military experience with a minimum of 2 operational tours.
* Valid SIA Licence (Close Protection front-line) - Demonstrable experience in close escorting and body-guarding with an accredited close protection training organization
* British & Commonwealth passport holders only* – see note below
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Qualified & experienced in fire-arms use – Must be recent & specifically pistol, sub-machine gun, carbine and light machine gun. (full bore weapons)
* Qualified & experienced in armoured vehicle driving - Capable and safe driver of heavy armoured four-wheel drive vehicles.
* Communication equipment and voice procedure
* Navigation and map reading and the use of GPS
* Basic infantry tactics
* Must have a trauma first aid medic qualification
* Basic first line roadside repair.
* SC cleared - Secret Clearance.
* Fluent written and spoken English
* Must be physically robust and fully fit
* Recent commercial security experience in Libya
* Recent commercial security experience within a similar role
* Recent commercial security guarding experience on a similar security guarding contract.
*All candidates will need to be screened to SC level – or eligible for screening so only British & Commonwealth passport holders can apply. Proviso: You must have been resident in the UK for at least two of the previous 10 years immediately prior to your application, at least one year of which must have been a consecutive twelve month period unless you have served overseas with HM Forces or in some other official capacity as a representative of Her Majesty’s Government, or have lived overseas as a result of your parents’ or partner’s Government employment.
The Security Operators/Drivers will perform multiple roles and will provide both static security at the mission’s premises and mobile close protection when required. Essentially all SPT members must be able to perform the roles of a Security Operator/Driver and all will have the relevant military and security experience and qualifications to provide the required services. All drivers will be fully qualified to drive B6 armoured vehicles and documentary proof will be available as required. Security Operators/Drivers will be highly versatile and able to perform a wide variety of tasks, including 24 hour communications cover, watch-keeping, situational awareness, first stage medical response and armed defence.
Each SPT will have at least one Security Operator/Driver who is a fully qualified Trauma Medic. While all security personnel will have basic military medical training, the Trauma Medic will be qualified to provide a much more comprehensive medical response. These will include invasive diagnosis and the administration of a wide variety of medications and treatments.
For further information about GardaWorld please follow link: www.garda.com/gw
Please note: any Information provided shall be used by GardaWorld to evaluate your qualifications for engaging as a contractor.
“Any deployment to Libya carries a degree of risk, for more information please go to http://xplored.garda-world.com/site/register where you can obtain the latest analysis, information and threat assessment”
Presentation of falsified credentials or false statements can lead to termination of any engagement (or future engagement) with the company.