Location: Alexandria, Egypt
Requisition ID: 170939
Manages site security function to include; operational and functional guidance to the Site Security Supervisors, Airport Transport officer, Transportation Coordinator assigned to the work site, ensuring compliance with WND project security policies and plans. Conducts continuous Quality Assurance on local guard force within the work site. Provides oversight of personnel access control, accountability and material deliveries documentation. In conjunction with Project Security Manager develops physical security mitigation measures. Provides liaison between the Security Department and all relevant Project functional divisions. Facilitates communication between the worksite and relevant governmental and civilian security agencies on direction from the Project Security Manager. Assists in the development and implementation of security criteria, programs and procedures. Ensures that timely and accurate reporting is made to the Project Security Manager.
Position Duties/Responsibilities (Indicate in more detail the functions of this specific position)
1. Supervises security activities at the Bechtel project jobsite.
2. Reports to the Project Security Manager and receives day-to-day tasking from him.
3. Supervises the implementation of security policies, programs and procedures as directed by the Project Security Manager.
4. Supervises audits and evaluates effectiveness of security programs and procedures at the work site.
5. Conducts security awareness, education, and orientation programs for project/jobsite staff as directed.
6. Supervises the accomplishment of audits or surveys of security programs and provides assistance and consulting services to Bechtel or client management in the resolution of problem areas.
7. Conducts investigations of criminal acts and potential threats against Bechtel’s interests. Coordinates investigative activities with appropriate management, formulates written reports, and presents oral briefings.
8. Supervises specialized training for assigned security staff.
9. As required, represents Security department at meetings and consultations with client representatives, governmental security agencies and industry associates.
10. Formal training in industrial security, criminal justice, industrial relations, or associated disciplines, and previous experience with law enforcement, intelligence, public or private sector security organization.
Current knowledge of industrial security principles, procedures, and equipment applicable to the physical protection of national and international construction activities, office facilities and senior executives.
Practical experience in developing and managing security programs requiring the employment of recognized security measures, procedures, and techniques.
Skill in verbal and written communication with senior officials, contractors, governmental representatives, and law enforcement agencies.
Familiar with business, governmental and industrial security techniques and developments to include the application of international, federal, state and local laws and regulatory measures pertinent to areas of responsibility.
Must be fluent in spoken/written English.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.