Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Peace Support Operations (PSO) Specialty Trainers shall provide Peacekeeping Operations (PKO) soldier skills specialty instruction to African military units receiving U.S. Department of State’s program training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Specialty trainers will instruct and supervise skills training in Africa for African company grade and field grade officers and their soldiers who shall deploy to PKOs.
• Will be military subject matter experts in the MOS or functional area fields they are teaching.
• Specialty training will consist of training individuals and organizations in military specialties to include Combat Engineering, Signal/Communications, Level II Hospital units, Medical specialists (Tactical Combat Casualty Care, Trauma Nursing Care, Medical Planning and Management, Combat Medic and Emergency Medical Technician, Dentists and Physicians), Coastal and Riverine units, Airbase and rear area security units, Logistics specialists including operators and maintainers of new equipment, Mortar units, Armor (tank) units, Mechanized Infantry units, Transport (truck) units, Pre-deployment administration, Equipment (to include vehicles) maintenance management, Equipment supply management, Military Police.
• Trainers are required to know and/or review the US Army doctrine, United Nations, and Host Nation guidance applicable to the task they are responsible for.
• Trainers must ensure that all training resources are coordinated prior to training.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance.
• The PSO Specialty Trainer shall have a relevant blend of skills, experience, and knowledge that will allow that individual to best support the goals and tasks of the program.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of U.S. military operations and training experience in a Combat Arms, Combat Service, or Combat Service Support specialty appropriate for the skills being taught.
• Prefer recent U.S. Military combat and/or PKO experience at the E-6 thru O-6 level.
• Experience operating in areas with limited life support and in hardship conditions is preferred.
• Preferred language requirement of level equivalent to 3-3 for non-English speaking countries.
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of engineering, development, intelligence and technology solutions with global reach and mobility. The firm offers a comprehensive range of innovative services and solutions in support of federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of private development and commercial clients. Michael Baker International’s focus is on the safety and security of people across the world through planning and engineering improvements to infrastructure and the environment, and through protection of our quality of life and freedom in support of national and international security. With more than $1 billion in annual revenue, Michael Baker International has more than 5,000 employees in over 80 offices located across the U.S. and internationally, and is ranked as the 26th largest design firm in the U.S. by Engineering News Record (ENR).
Michael Baker International’s Mission is to make a difference by providing innovative solutions to sustain the future and further the safety, security and quality of life for people across the globe by providing the highest level of expertise, unmatched quality and effective project teams for a diverse range of projects and clients.
To Learn More About Baker
Michael Baker International is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer- M/F/Disability/Veteran/e-Verify, EEO is the Law Persons with disabilities may contact the Michael Baker International Benefits Department at BenefitsDept@mbakerintl.com for special assistance.
The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Positions may or may not require applicants selected to be subjected to a Michael Baker International background check and government security investigation. Certain job assignments may require an employee to successfully obtain and/or maintain a security clearance and meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Visit our Web site at www.mbakerintl.com,
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button!
Note: If you have not registered through Baker's recruiting site, you will be asked to do the following:
1. Enter your email address for your user account name and choose a password.
2. Upload your resume.
3. Enter your contact information, qualifications and other voluntary information.
4. Your resume submission has been completed.
If you experience any technical issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org