Closing: April 12, 2016
Salary: 40,103 USD p.a.
The U.S. Embassy in Baghdad is seeking eligible and qualified applicants to fill three positions of:
Foreign Service National Investigators in the Regional Security Office (RSO).
Basic Function Of The Position:
The Incumbent serves as a Foreign Service National Investigator (FSNI) who is the RSO office primary embassy liaison with Government of Iraq (GOI) police and security forces. In the absence of the Senior and Deputy FSNIs, the incumbent may serve as a special advisor to RSO office concerning GOI internal security matters, to include host country laws, threat information and security support. Incumbent completes tasks and reviews assignments, which may include drafting correspondence, providing translations and performing investigative and case management duties related to RSO investigations.
Incumbent may serve as a translator during agent-led interviews. Incumbent will facilitate VIP and VVIP visits, which include but not limited to coordinates with mid and senior level counterparts at the Ministry of Interior and other GOI agencies during protective details, special investigations, and embassy special events. Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisors.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive
information supporting each item.
1. Education: Two years of college studies is required.
Two years of experience in investigative or security related work with police, military or a private organization is required.
3. Language Level III (good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English and level IV (Fluent) Reading/Writing/Speaking of Arabic are required (language proficiency will be tested).
4. Knowledge: Incumbent must have a good knowledge of the principles and techniques of security or investigations. A good working knowledge of documentary sources of information and familiarity with pertinent local laws such as marriage, divorce, adoption etc. is required. A basic understanding of the different sects within Iraq and their current and historical connotations is required.
5. Skills & Abilities:
Incumbent must be able to develop and maintain extensive contacts with officials of various GOI law enforcement, security and military departments. Ability to deal effectively with others and to obtain their cooperation is required. Incumbent must be able to distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information and to report facts accurately in a logical, concise and objective manner. Incumbent should be flexible and willing to work irregular hours as security issues occur during all hours of the day and night. Proficiency in use of MS Office suite is required. Incumbent must possess a valid driving license and skills to drive the vehicle.
When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); and
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
3. Copy of your passport (if available) and Jinsiya;
Submit Application To:
Interested applicants must apply for this position by emailing it to: email@example.com