PAE is currently accepting resumes for experienced and qualified Subject Matter Expert (SME) Instructors with significant and verifiable experience in C-IED and IED Defeat operations to fill a challenging and rewarding position. This position will be responsible for training alongside of Coalition Forces training Host Nation in all aspects of C-IED methodologies to enable response to IED and explosive hazard incidents as part of a Mobile Training Team (MTT). Instructors may be armed and will be required to wear personal protective equipment during the course of duties that may require extensive travel to various remote locations throughout the Iraq area of operation.
• Provide instruction on current domestic and international insurgent threats, tactics and procedures to include; IED threats (e.g. victim operated, command initiated…); tactical site exploitation; explosive hazards; homemade explosive hazards and the planning process to respond to an IED/Surface Ordnance scene/incident in both a permissive and non-permissive environments.
• Deliver group-paced instruction on current C-IED tactics techniques procedures (TTP), EOD related tools, improvised/homemade C-IED tools, to include explosive demolition and the application of explosives for explosive hazard reduction.
• Preparation and facilitation of practical hands-on training with specialized training devices, detection and identification equipment/methods and the theory and application of electronic countermeasures.
• Perform set-up and management of IED/UXO practical exercises for student scenario based training. Evaluate response procedures, to include command and control and provide advice/mentorship as required.
• Maintain knowledge base as a subject matter expert in assigned course content and perform as C-IED SME to the Team Lead for input relative to IED mitigation strategies during MTT missions.
• Contribute to curriculum improvements of course materials through continuous research, Intel gathering and training revision.
• Provide recommendation and inputs for development and manufacturing of current theater exercise props as required for specialized training exercises.
• Conducting IED research using web and web-based tools such as CIDNE, TIGR, Palantir, ACME, WEAT, COIC, periodicals, journals, open source Internet, etc. to identify and interpret evolving threats and innovations in TTP within the C-IED and Counter-Terrorism communities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Extensive technical knowledge and experience in C-IED operations.
• Excellent technical knowledge regarding IED/UXO recognition and reaction to include insurgent IED attack TTP.
• Knowledge of Specialized C-IED Enablers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively deliver complicated curriculum to a wide variety of audiences.
• Experienced in the planning and development of training curriculum.
• Possess superior relationship and interpersonal skills. Candidate must be a team player with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work in a small team environment that includes U.S., Host Nation and Coalition personnel.
• Ability to interface with all levels of US and foreign military command.
• Able to meet requirements for deployment to CENTCOM AOR.
• Able to lift up to 60 lbs and wear personal protective equipment for extended periods of time.
• Minimum of a Secret Clearance is required
• Must possess a civilian passport.
• 10+ years of combined experience in the EOD/SOF/Engineer/C-IED community preferred.
• In depth knowledge of C-IED required.
• Previous experience working with Host Nation forces/local nationals preferred.
• Overseas operational experience in Iraq and/or Afghanistan preferred.
• Formal military instructor certification or civilian equivalent highly preferred.
• Recent experience conducting group-paced instruction via an interpreter preferred.
• Bachelor's with 8-10 yrs of experience, or a Master's with 6-8 yrs of experience.
• 15+ years of professional experience can be substituted for degree.
DURATION: Minimum 6 month deployment required
Clearance Required: Current Secret
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Thelma Dorman at (703) 656-6064 or email Thelma at: email@example.com.