Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Referance Code : REQ-1526
The Security Manager has responsibility for the effective management of all aspects of physical security of the factory premises, sites, personnel, warehouses and the protection of assets against loss or damage. It is also a professional interface with the public, ensuring that the necessary protections are in place for the core assets and factory installations ensuring that they are properly and appropriately secured against all types of risks and threats.
• To manage and provide effective leadership in delivering following key deliverables through the manpower and technical resources of the external security provider that company has engaged:
i. Resources are appropriately and efficiently allocated to key areas of work and that priorities are always covered adequately.
ii. All physical security to all on site customers is delivered within the company security policy.
iii. Budgets are properly controlled and managed, to achieve best value for money.
iv. All training needs are identified and processed promptly and are undertaken at the appropriate time.
v. Performance Agreements, interim and main reviews are undertaken within the set timescale.
vi. All requests for annual and flexi leave are managed and controlled, ensuring that there is adequate cover to maintain services at all times.
vii. Performance and attendance issues are addressed at the correct time, in accordance with the company’s policies and procedure.
viii. To maintain the Security Operations Manual up to date for use by all on site security personnel to cover duties, individual instructions for each post; attendance; use of security equipment; dress standard; training etc.
• To devise rosters appropriate for the requirement to take account of separate buildings, sites and factory installations and warehouses.
• Implementing security as a core business function to be adopted by the whole company, keeping physical security measures under constant review to ensure they are adequate to meet current threats to business, evaluate changes, showing advantages and disadvantages, costs etc and present to the management.
• Undertaking; security surveys, security risk assessments as and when the need arises, drafting relevant policies and procedures and compiling security reports.
•Contribute in the drawing up of the annual security departmental budget and participate in the monthly/quarterly reviews on budget performance.
•Effectively manage and control the security budget and provide accurate information to the management when required.
•Prepare business cases in support of large expenditure when required.
•Act as focal point for any investigations involving security, to prepare reports and note follow up action.
•Report any significant security breaches to the management and undertake full investigation; recommend course of action in consultation with management the security control rooms are always kept up to date.
•Be on call on a 24 hours x 7 days basis for any emergencies occurring at different company.
Crisis and Disaster Recovery
• Participate in the management any incidents and emergencies.
• Ensure that all business recovery/contingency plans and/or procedures held within ????
• In the event of crisis, participate in the local crisis-management cell as follows:
i. Checking protection devices and staff
ii. Gathering information
iii. Issuing instructions
iv. Maintaining contact with local authorities
v. Ensuring that protection strategies are sufficient for the risk level
• Ensure that the appropriate level of training is provided for all security staff on disasters; fire and bomb procedures; use of technical equipment and routine security duties.
• Ensure that knowledge and skills are periodically tested for any updates/correction.
• Maintain the security team training plans up to date for all security staff and to test their knowledge of procedures regularly.
• Security professional with a proven management experience within the security industry or armed services who has worked in the private sector.
Desired Candidate Profile:
• At least 7 years experience in a senior security management in the private sector especially in manufacturing, mining or construction.
• Demonstrated record of conducting duties with high level of integrity and professionalism.
• Enthusiastic and committed approach with a track record of building strong, trusted base relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
• A sound working knowledge of security best practice and legislation affecting the security role.
• Strong management and leadership skills together with excellent communication (including the ability to speak and write in English), influencing, negotiating and engagement skills.
• Basic IT skills with a working knowledge of the range of MS Office packages and knowledge of electronic security systems.
• Sound judgment and decision making skills, with a ‘hands on’, problem solving approach, able to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents
• Experience of writing procedures, drafting reports, preparing business cases and compiling and adjusting duty rosters to meet shortfalls in staffing levels.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
• Formal education to at least diploma level or a recognized security qualification.
• A proven working network with senior law enforcement bodies in the country.
• Security clearance certificate from relevant authorities clearance upon appointment.
How To Apply:
Please send your application to:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Email : email@example.com