Employer: Relief International
Closing date: 29 Apr 2016
The Security Manager will be responsible for undertaking ongoing analysis of the context and developments in relation to the security situation develop and maintain up-to-date context analysis and risk assessment & maintain an incident reporting system.
Maintain close contacts with all relevant stakeholders to develop a network and build relationships with key actors to ensure gathering of reliable security information. Undertake regular and ad hoc security assessment missions as necessary, in order to gather information and to analyse the overall security situation in existing and potential areas of intervention.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
1- Security Analysis:
· Undertake ongoing analysis of the context and developments in relation to the security situation.
· Develop and maintain up-to-date context analysis and risk assessment.
· Develop and maintain an incident reporting system.
· Maintain close contacts with all relevant stakeholders to develop a network and build relationships with key actors to ensure gathering of reliable security information.
· Undertake regular and ad hoc security assessment missions as necessary, in order to gather information and to analyze the overall security situation in existing and potential areas of intervention.
2- External Communication:
· Establish a network of contacts with local stakeholders such as government, (I) NGO’s, UN, partners, communities to share and exchange information.
· Internal Communications:
- Country Director and senior management staff to inform and co-ordinate on
· Regional Security Advisor or HQ, if applicable
· Relevant staff in order to ensure that the security management system complements the program and advocacy activities and vice versa.
· Relevant support staff in order to ensure that all logistical, financial, IT, HR and administrative elements of the security management system are in place.
3- Staff Management:
· Supervise the Safety and Security Officer (SSO).
· Assist the SSO in managing his/her workload, the organization of daily tasks and methodologies to be used for security reporting and completion of security assessments.
· Support country management to develop a security management system which includes a security management strategy (including detailed acceptance strategy) and plans and which allow for the continuous updating of security measures.
· Advise and support Field Managers, the Safety and Security Officer and Country Director with regard to implementation of the security management system.
· Ensure the security management system is in line with existing RI security policy, protocol and approach.
· Support the Country Director and other senior staff to manage security incidents.
· Provide crisis management support to senior management for incident response, reporting and analysis.
· Ensure that the supporting departments (HR, Administration, and Supply Chain) have in place an appropriate system to facilitate good security management.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Considerable practical experience of security assessment, planning and implementation of procedures in the context of UN or NGO humanitarian operations.
· Proven influencing and negotiating skills with internal and external audiences including in complex and stressful circumstances.
· Proven experience of field based training.
· Ability to advice and support field staff in a consultative manner.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities. Must be organized and efficient.
· A sound understanding of the importance of gender.
· Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
· Willingness to travel at short notice, and often in difficult circumstances.
· Committed to RI principles
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
· We value:
· Transparency and accountability
· Agility and innovation
HOW TO APPLY: