Location: South Africa
The Regional Security Officer (RSO) is a full time employee of the Siemens security department (GM SEC) who as head of the Regional Security Office is accountable for the security of Siemens personnel, assets and operations in a specific region.
As Line Manager, the RSO leads the Country Security Officers and Security Officers in his Regional Security Office.
In support of Regional Company CEOs/ Managements and GM SEC, the RSO is responsible for supporting implementation and compliance with the requirements set by GM SEC, as described in the Mandate, Circulars and Instructions in the region he is assigned to.
He is accountable for the coordination of Country Security Managers in his region and intra-GM SEC cooperation. Together with the other RSOs, he participates in the strategic planning of world-wide security implementation, including adequate budget and resource planning with regard to his region.
The holder of the position provides tactical guidance and operational support to Regional Company CEOs, their management teams and other stakeholders in relation to GM SEC security matters, working in close cooperation with the GM SEC functional departments and Division Security Officers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Undertakes tasks as requested by the head of Global Security Consulting, in consultation with the Divisional Security Officers and the GM SEC functional departments, so as to ensure compliance with the Siemens security standards and processes set by GM SEC.
2. In support of Regional Company CEOs/ Managements to develop and maintain effective security and crisis management structures through identifying key stakeholders and establishing effective working relationships with them in order to meet business security requirements.
3. Provides tactical advice and operational support to Regional Company CEOs/ Managements in relation to security related incidents, including incident and crisis management, incident reporting and investigation.
4. Supports the development of local security procedures to mitigate security threats whilst proactively monitoring the security environment in order to prioritize activities to support business goals and achievements.
5. Develops and supports local initiatives to fulfill business security requirements and to maintain security awareness within individual business units.
6. Provides input and feedback to the GM SEC functional departments for the development of regulations, processes and services.
7. Develops and maintains internal and external networks in order to stay current with industry best practice and developments in delivering cost effective security.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. In depth knowledge of the security issues in the country/region, corporate security risk management methodologies and the relevant security standards set both internally and externally
2. Networking skills (within GM SEC, with the Regional Companies, authorities, institutions, other companies, etc.)
3. Computer literacy and able to use Microsoft Office products
1. Relevant academic degree, a professional qualification from a recognized security authority
1. A minimum of 5 years relevant security experience through working within law enforcement, regulatory enforcement
2. Three years minimum experience working in corporate security or a similar commercial environment, including practical experience of incident and crisis management, within an international company, a security company or similar experience
3. Extensive experience in security issues related to the relevant region,
2.Project Management experience (e.g. process implementation, etc.)
• Able to prioritize tasks and to manage workloads in an effective manner with minimal direct supervision and flexibility in managing multiple and diverse tasks
• Ability to analyze and assimilate information from diverse sources
• Effective problem solving skills and able to work under stress in time critical situations
3.Proven ability to lead teams with at least three years experience
• Good negotiating and influencing skills
• Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully engage with a variety of audiences, particularly CEO and other senior managers
4.Good command of English (spoken and written)
• Sensitive and responsive to the needs of different ethnic and cultural groups
• Proven integrity and high personal standards of behaviour
• Knowledge of Siemens specific processes, especially ACP, IR@S and PM@Siemens is an asset
• Good knowledge of law and ethics;
• Good communication skills
• Effective presentation and report writing skills
In line with the Employment Equity laws of South Africa, preference will be give to candidates in line with the EAP guidelines.