Surveillance Detection Guard
Closing: Feb 08 , 2016
Surveillance Detection Guard TEMPORARY – Not To Exceed 24 Months
Open to: Position: All Interested Candidates/All Sources
Ordinarily Resident (OR): EUR 26,814 per year (Position Grade: FSN - 4)** per year based on a 40-hour work week
*NOTE: An additional 20.2% will be added to the OR salary listed above for allowances and premiums. There are approximately 16 (American and Dutch) holidays a year in addition to your annual leave (‘vakantiedagen’). Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): USD 25,011 per year (Position Grade: FP - AA)* per year based on a 40-hour work week
**NOTE: Final grade and step for NORs will be determined by Washington. Length of
Employment: This is a temporary position not to exceed two years from the date of hire.
Required Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and
comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
Completion of secondary school.
One year of surveillance or related experience. Previous Military, surveillance or related experience in a position which involved observation/surveillance skills and techniques is required.
Level III (good working knowledge) English language is required. Level II (limited knowledge) Dutch language is required. This will be tested.
4. Skills and Abilities:
Must be familiar with procedures for conducting and reporting surveillance; capable of discerning normal traffic patterns, pedestrian behavior, and choke points of Embassy facilities, access, and travel routes.
5. Job Knowledge:
A valid Dutch driver’s license is required. Skills preferred: use of surveillance equipment. Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel) is required. Must be able to work independently and adapt to changing circumstances without requesting guidance. Must have strong organizational skills. FOR
Hiring Preference Order:
(1) USEFM who is ALSO a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(2) USEFM OR a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(3) FS on LWOP ADDITIONAL
1. Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
How To Apply:
Please submit your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the position you are applying for in the subject line.