Employer: Olive Group/Edingburg International
Location: Middle East
Job Code HC/JC/649/2015
Olive Group has recently been successful in winning a contract with UNOPS whereby we will provide professional and technical labour services in High Risk Areas (Initially Europe and Asia, although this could quickly expand to other areas -namely, Africa, Middle East, and Central and South America). We are seeking resumes/CVs from suitably qualified individuals for this position.
General description of duties:
The Security Coordinator will effectively implement and monitor all appropriate risk management strategies in coordination with the UNOPS Project Manager or most senior UNOPS personnel on a particular project or operation. He or she will provide assistance to the UNOPS Project Manager or most senior UNOPS personnel on matters of security on a particular project or operation. He/she may manage the Contractor’s Personnel but may not manage UN personnel.
· Ensure all functions mentioned below are carried out in an efficient and effective manner whilst providing maximum security support to field operations;
· Manage and coordinate security operations ensuring that security procedures are implemented and followed as per the UN Security Procedures (including any Standard Operating Procedures);
· Coordinate all emergency/crisis management assets providing a timely and coherent response to incidents as they arise;
· Provide additional operational support and guidance to the UNOPS regional security teams as required;
· Liaise with and report to UNOPS Security to ensure that all relevant security information is disseminated in a timely manner to the appropriate UNOPS offices, their Personnel and other stakeholders as required;
· Develop a working relationship with UNDSS Personnel and a comprehensive working knowledge of the UN Security system;
· Support UNOPS security teams and Contractor’ Personnel to conduct security assessments and threat analysis as required, and where necessary provide feedback on proposed mitigation strategies for country and regional specific threats;
· Assist in the design and implementation of project related security strategies, security policies/standards and establish a concrete course of action for their implementation and review;
· Liaise with the OC Security Department to ensure that UNOPS and UNDSS training procedures and policies are implemented within the project to an acceptable standard;
· Maintain close links with Logistics, Operations and other key stakeholders to ensure that all UNOPS projects are implemented with the highest degree of Personnel safety and security;
· As required and in coordination with the UNOPS Chief of Security, manage administrative, logistic and budgetary issues related to mission safety and security programs/tablerocedures;
· Manage indigenous security and Police forces, conduct limited training and administration for them, and deploy them as part of the overall security plan consistent with UNOPS needs;
· Offer leadership, management and tactical guidance to the International Security contracted Personnel and national security contracted personnel;
· Perform other duties as assigned by the UNOPS Program Manager or OC Chief of Security related to Personnel safety and security.
· The Security Coordinator will report to the UNOPS Operations Centre Director or any other UNOPS designated manager.
· Solid academy qualifications with a focus on security and related operations;
· At least 10 (ten) years of progressively responsible experience in security operations and information management in a police or military environment. Proven operational unit or sub-unit command, Personnel mentoring and leadership experience required;
· Fluency in written and spoken English;
· Professionalism – Excellent skills in information collection and analysis procedures with a view to recognizing potential threats and dangers. An ability to exercise sound and strong management skills in times of crisis and emergencies.
· Planning and organizing – Excellent planning and organizational skills including the production of policy and procedure papers supporting project operations in the country of operations.
· Communication – Ability to provide instructions clearly and concisely both orally and in writing. A high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive information. Ability to address publicly small and large groups of people.
· Judgment and Decision Making – High degree of responsibility, initiative, alertness, physical fitness, emotional stability, the ability to prioritize a heavy work load and to delegate accordingly. Demonstrates sound judgment in security operation and information management skills.
· Client Orientation – Professional attitude and the ability to build successful working relationships with contacts outside of the UNOPS project Security Section. Demonstrate an integrated approach and attitude with UNOPS through normal work activities and a thorough understanding of the UN in the country of operation.
· Technology Awareness – High standard of computer literacy and an excellent knowledge of security information related liaison and analysis.
Click here to express your interest in this opening