Location: Kabul Afghanistan
Availability: ASAP – 31 Dec 2016
Security Level of Security Clearance: EU SECRET
Open to Contributing Third States: No
Reporting Line: The Mission Security Officer (MSO) reports to the Senior Mission Security Officer (SMSO).
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
In line with the EU's Policy of EU staff deployed outside the EU in an operational capacity under Title V of the Treaty on European Union:
• To assist the SMSO in the development, implementation and updating of the Mission Security Plan (MSP) and all supporting security and safety instructions and procedures;
• To assess the security situation and to maintain updated all security related documents;
• To conduct or initiate security surveys of mission member’s personal protective security requirements, transport security, residential and office security;
• To ensure that all security and communications equipment is kept up-to-date and in a state of operational readiness;
• To conduct regular security drills, communication tests and evacuation exercises;
• To provide briefings on matters affecting the security and safety of mission members and to ensure all staff is properly prepared for emergencies;
• To liaise as directed and co-operate closely with national law enforcement agencies, International Organisations, NGOs, other EU bodies and diplomatic representatives, in the field of security;
• To provide comprehensive reports to the SMSO on all incidents affecting mission members and initiates necessary follow up action with the appropriate authorities;
• To produce briefings and presentations relating to his/her sphere of work for the benefit of the Mission;
• To assist the SMSO in reviewing the security level and state of alert:
• To assist the SMSO in the drafting of security related Terms of Reference for the procurement of security equipment, contracts and services;
• To provide assistance and appropriate response to mission members and to ensure that all necessary actions are taken, particularly in emergency cases;
• To travel to high risk areas and to conduct security duties;
• To undertake any other tasks as assigned by the SMSO in the domain of his/her competency as deemed necessary.
Qualifications and Experience:
Essential Education and Experience
• Successful completion of University studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma.
• A qualification at the level in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent/referenced Page 34 of 42 to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework.
• A qualification of the first cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area, e.g. Bachelor's degree.
• Equivalent Police/Military education or training attested by a diploma or an award of a rank of 2nd Lieutenant/1st Lieutenant or equivalent
• After having fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of 4 years of overall professional experience.
Specification of Experience
• The above mentioned university degree must be in at least one of the following fields of expertise: Security management or business administration, political/social or science or international relations with focus on security management;
• The above mentioned professional experience must be acquired in the civilian, military or police sectors and particularly in the protection of personnel, facilities and assets;
• Civilian driving license class C mandatory. Advantageous
• Ability to work in a demanding, deadline-driven environment and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds; • Firearms trained;
• Demonstrated ability to contribute creatively to the development of security policies and procedures;
• Good organisational, planning, and time-management skills;
• Experience in planning and implementing projects;
• Highly resilient under mental pressure and willingness to work extra hours when required;
• Good knowledge of the Mission area and potential security threats;
• Ability to operate Windows and Power Point applications, including Word processing, e-mail, and spreadsheets (Excel);
• Previous work experience in the region;
• Successful completion of EU Mission Security Officer Certification Course;
• Previous international experience in CSDP Missions or multi-national/international organisations.
How To Apply
How To Apply
Mail to send applications: email@example.com
Deadline: 5 February 2016