Employer: Crowne Plaza Doha
Location: Doha Qatar
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To fully comply with all Fire, Life and Safety
Standards and the code of conduct policies of InterContinental Hotels Group
2. Responsible for monitoring all persons entering
through colleagues and receiving area, issue contractor and visitor’s passes as
appropriate for people performing works within the hotel premises
3. Responsible for monitoring all colleagues’
belongings while exiting the hotel premises.
4. To monitor incoming and outgoing items,
follow-up with concerned departments for return of hotel property covered with
5. To control all cars and vehicles of suppliers
and visitors who are using the receiving area parking.
6. Prevent outsiders from passing through
receiving area without having any business related transactions with the hotel
after business hours.
7. Responsible in maintaining safety and security in the parking area by reporting to Security and Risk Manager or the MOD any suspicious
area, vehicles light on, key ignition, open windows, flat tires or accidents.
8. To direct and control traffic at main lobby
entrance and advice drivers to leave after drop off.
9. To control and monitor the smooth flow of
guests and members in the pool and beach area and prevent non-members or
unauthorized person from entering the area.
10. To make random patrol within area of
responsibility and challenge unauthorized person found in the restricted area.
11. To proactively prevent all FLS issues and
report to the Security and Risk
Manager and/or MOD
12. To protect the hotel of its assets and its
13. To remove personas non grata and persons
causing threat to the hotel from the property
14. To be unbiased and neutral in order to judge
and handle all incidents to the hotels policies and procedures
15. To make a daily contribution to “Manage Risk”
and to operate a “Safe Hotel”
16. To secure, guard and protect the
Management/Colleagues Accommodation and the people living there from any security issues may they be internal or external
17. To be flexible and extend job duties to carry
out other reasonable requests and responsibilities as assigned, including
redeployment to alternative department / areas if required to meet business
demands and guest service needs.
1. Comply with Hotel Rules and Regulations and
provisions contained in the Employment Handbook
2. Comply with Company Grooming Standards at all
times to portray a professional image of self and the hotel.
3. Comply with Time and Attendance Policies set
by the hotel.
4. Actively participate in training and
development programs and maximize opportunities for self-development
5. Demonstrate understanding and awareness of
all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety
6. Familiarize yourself with emergency and
7. Ensure all security incidents, accidents and
near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention
of the Line Manager
8. Comply with the Company’s Corporate Code of
9. Familiarize self with the company values
(Great Hotels Guests Love) and model desired behaviors (Winning Ways, Room to
be Yourself) and ways of working (IHG Wheel).
10. Perform all tasks as directed by the Manager
in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
The above is designed to help you in the understanding
of the role and is not intended to be a definite list of your duties, as
flexibility in meeting company and guest needs is required by all employees