Employer: World Food Programme
Location: Aleppo , Syria
Security Guard SC2
Closing date: 03 Feb 2016
Duration Six Months
The Office of the United Nations World Food Programme in Syria is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the following post:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the Security Guard will be responsible for the following duties:
• Control entry and monitor security of the organizational premises; use equipment and operation of the automated alarm and video surveillance systems, if installed; ;
• Patrol assigned areas inside and outside; maintain continuous surveillance against fire, water leakage, deposit of dangerous objects or any other action which could cause damage to WFP premises or injury to personnel;
• Report on any incidents or actions that involve a breach of security procedures to a supervisor;
• In case of incident/emergency, immediately use communications systems to alert supervisor and provide first aid to staff concerned as required;
• Liaise as necessary with the local administration, police authorities, fire services and other emergency services;
• Open and close buildings; Check that all office machines, air conditioners, lights, etc, are turned off after working hours;
• Respond to enquiries and provide appropriate information or suggest alternative sources of information;
• Provide safe driving services including basic maintenance of assigned vehicles and reporting on official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption and the malfunctioning of vehicles; Issue building passes as requested;
• Perform security receptionist duties to receive delegates, staff members and the general public;
• Receive personal documents and issue building passes; Operate metal detectors and other identification equipment for screening personal belongings;
• Maintain up-to-date directories, receive and log mail or other documents after normal business hours;
• Perform regular in-depth inspection of fire equipment and fire alarm system;
• Assist in investigation and reporting of all incidents on WFP grounds that involve a breach of security procedures, injuries and theft, etc
• Report for duty as and when necessary (on call);
Education: Secondary school education. Security Guard training is an advantage.
Experience: Two or more years of security related experience.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Good knowledge of essential security procedures and requirements.
• Ability to detect and identify dangerous objects and knowledge of how to deal with such objects.
• Ability to use fire equipment, metal detectors and other equipment.
• Ability to remain calm in emergency situations.
• Ability to provide immediate intervention and assistance in case of fire or other emergencies.
• High sense of responsibility and alertness; emotional stability and neatness.
• Physical fitness on duty and training in self-defense techniques.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Courtesy, tact and the ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Good knowledge of the city where the office is located.
• Willingness to attend security trainings and comply with UNSMS standards.
HOW TO APPLY:
AApplications must be submitted online
To view the job description and apply to this vacancy please go to:
Step 1: Create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Apply” to submit your application (please note that you must complete step two in order for your application to be properly submitted).
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.