Location Kuala Lumpur (Cheras) Malaysia
About the job
The Safety & Security manager lead and inspire the store team, co-workers and external security guard service to optimise safety and security in the store, for both customers and co-workers, using the knowledge of our IKEA Group Risk Manual and local regulations. To fulfil IKEA Group Risk Manual by:
securing effective training of all co-workers and guards
ensuring at all times an effective fire prevention and alarm system;
having adequate and appropriate physical security equipment;
having best practice safety systems covering all persons on IKEA property at any time;
identify, assess and handled within the scope of function new risk exposures ( crime, fires, accidents, natural hazards, social and political unrest)
driving a culture where all co-workers accept responsibility for safety & security in their day to day workplace and constantly working towards increasing risk awareness;
support all business partners through the risk departments audit and review program, and compliance with IKEA & local rules/guidelines/legislation.
ASSIGNMENT ( main responsibilities):
Safety and Security Operations:
To define the Store’s safety and security objectives, targets and related annual action plans
To develop, maintain and implement safety and security routines (instructions) in a timely manner and in accordance with IKEA requirements and local legislation
To provide routines and to undertake reviews and tests of our stock procedures and programs that assist the Store to improve it’s Loss Prevention profile
To oversee and ensure that all required safety and security checks, drills and equipment maintenance take place according to internal IKEA and external legislative requirements.
To ensure physical access and key management to the store is compliant to the approved card access matrix and Group Risk Manual.
To ensure that the Store’s Emergency and Crisis Response programs are always capable of immediate response
To ensure timely communication concerning the status of safety and security to management
To maintain a satisfactory level of working knowledge relating to local regulations and legislation
Ensure that legislatively required meetings take place and are correctly recorded e.g. WSH meeting, SCDF
With the local Facilities Manager, ensure that Contractor Induction routines are adequate
• To monitor internal and IKEA-related external incidents and accidents and ensure that there is rapid response, investigation and reporting of all incidents & emergencies
• Provide authorities with details of incidents as required e.g. Ministry of Manpower, police.
• Assist loss adjustors and investigators as directed by insurers and SO risk manager.
• Ensure that all incidents are fully recorded in the endorsed online incident reporting.
• To effect local amendments to training modules provided by the SO Risk Manager in relation to safety and security for all co-workers and managers
• To ensure, through close liaison with HR for time planning and appropriate managers for facilitation, that IKEA required training takes place on time and at the required intervals
• To provide the Store’s WSH Committee with appropriate assistance as required
• To provide Store management with assistance relative to safety and security, as required
• To build at all levels an increasing level of understanding and acceptance of the demands of the Group Risk Manual.
• To co-ordinate insurance claims procedures for public liability (PL), property damage and business interruption. Liaise with SO Risk Manager, our insurance brokers and local insurance companies as required
• To act as a representative interface with outside agencies (e.g. police, SCDF, external security guard service-companies, etc and keep informed for any regulatory changes to ensure the viability of these relationships
Develop relationships with other local retail loss prevention units to be constantly updated with market practise.
Job ID 234542BR
Removal Date 30/01/2016