Closing date: 31 Jan 2016
Period: 2 months
Starting date: 1st April 2016
The Peacekeeping Section of the Inspection and Evaluation Division of the United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS-IED) seeks a consultant for its risk assessment of United Nations peacekeeping operations to inform the evaluation workplan for 2017-2018. The main objective of this assignment is to review and refine as necessary the Division's risk assessment methodology for peacekeeping operations, and to subsequently support the conduct of the risk assessment exercise.
· Advanced degree (master-level) in international affairs, security studies, economics, public administration or related field;
· Experience in developing, assessing and defining evaluation topics on the basis of risk and other relevant factors;
· Experience in risk assessment;
· Experience working within the UN system and familiarity with United Nations Peacekeeping Operations is required;
· Fluency (both oral and written) in English;
· Be based in New York City.
Terms of contract:
Consultants are engaged under the provisions of ST/AI/2013/4. Interested parties are encouraged to familiarize themselves prior to submitting their application with the provisions of this Administrative Instruction, which sets contractual terms and conditions, legal status and fee ranges.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates should express their interest to : firstname.lastname@example.org, at the earliest convenience and not later than 31rd January 2016. Please, specify “reliefweb risk assessment consultancy” in the subject of the e-mail.
We thank you for your understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.