Employer: Samaritans Purse
Samaritan’s Purse is actively involved throughout the Asian region with the goal of showing God’s love to those in need. The Regional Security Manager in Asia advises and assists the leadership of each enterprise throughout this area in security management. This is an exciting position that comes with significant responsibility. The position is based in Manila, Republic of the Philippines with travel throughout the region.
The Regional Security Manager, Asia is based in the field with responsibilities that include but are not limited to the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of all issues relating to staff security and safety for all Samaritan’s Purse operations in the Asia Region. Requires significant international travel. Requires exposure to volatile and dangerous areas and situations.
• Establish appropriate environment for the safety and security of SP/BGEA staff members living and travelling in the region.
• Continually update and maintain safety/security policies for existing and new SP-International Country Offices to ensure safety/security of all staff. This includes but is not limited to base security procedures, driver’s checklist for preventive maintenance of vehicles, convoy procedures, emergency medical response/natural disaster response, reporting procedures for field operations, new staff/volunteers security briefing, evacuation plans, liberty policies and travel restrictions.
• Assist BGEA festival planning and execution by conducting security surveys and coordination and arranging and supervising all security related activities in support of the festivals.
• Respond immediately as the security advisor of the Disaster Assistance Response Team or Incident Management Team anywhere within the region.
• Work closely with Projects Country Directors in order to keep them informed of security status, information, needs, and concerns.
• Conduct security site surveys for World Medical Mission Volunteers and Post Residency Doctors throughout the region, providing them with security advisory support and reach back.
• Conduct coordination with Operation Christmas Child Regional Director and Manager to support OCC operations in the region, including travel, shoebox distribution and The Greatest Journey training.
• Maintain an in-depth understanding of regional security challenges and emerging threats. Provide reporting highlighting security related trends throughout the region.
• Possess interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with diverse personnel who impact security of SP personnel. These include but are not limited to local village leaders, police, military, other NGOs, US Embassy, UN and government leaders.
• Advise Country Directors on the management of all SP national staff security guards, supervisors and radio operators.
• Provide analysis of security incidents and compilation of reports including personal assessment and evaluation of internal compliance with the country policies.
• Monitor potential and present emergencies and keep the SP staff informed of events, including crisis response options.
• Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
• Bachelor’s degree or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One year of college-level biblical studies preferred.
• Previous Security experience, particularly in a third world country.
• Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies, build and maintain positive working relationships.
• Ability to understand complex security situation and advise program design accordingly.
• Possess ability to analyze information to develop a complete picture of security situations.
24 month contract with potential for renewal.
This is an accompanied position.