Employer: Olive Group
Job Code HC/JC/645/2015
Demining Supervisor (Road Construction Projects)
Olive Group has recently been successful in winning a contract with UNOPS whereby we will provide professional and technical labour services in High Risk Areas (Initially Europe and Asia, although this could quickly expand to other areas -namely, Africa, Middle East, and Central and South America). We are seeking resumes/CVs from suitably qualified individuals for this position.
General description of duties:
The Demining Supervisor will provide the Project with quality demining services and advice for effective implementation of the assigned projects. The Demining Supervisor will be required to travel throughout the Country of Service to oversee conformance of the demining operations with IMAS and the Country specific Mine Action Standards.
· Exercise supervisory skills over all demining activities as directed by UNOPS and keeping oversight on all UNOPS demining activities throughout the Country of Service;
· Develop, manage and control the Mine Action location for the road reconstruction allocated;
· Regular liaison and coordination of actions with the road reconstruction contracted firm;
· Develop and implement the Survey and Clearance Workplans to ensure that clearance remains ahead of the road reconstruction teams;
· Monitor all mine action operations related to the reconstruction of the road to ensure adherence to the Statement of Works, the Survey and Clearance Workplan, IMAS and the Country specific Mine Action Standards;
· Request for additional resources and assets to ensure timely completion of the work plan, whenever necessary;
· Inspect, monitor and evaluate technical aspects of the Mines Survey and Clearance activities in operations;
· Compile monitoring reports after visiting operations and provide the UNOPS Project Manager and other controlling bodies as required with monthly summary on the mine action support operations for reconstruction of roads and building sites;
· Investigate all mine incidents and accidents and provide the UNOPS Project Manager with the comprehensive report within 7 days after the occurrence of the incident/accident;
· Provide technical advice to the UNOPS Project Manager on use and deployment of assets in the mine action support operations for reconstruction of roads or building sites;
· Train the national Personnel in field operations’ supervision and management;
· Perform any other task designated by the UNOPS Project Manager.
· The Demining Supervisor will report directly to the UNOPS Project Manager;
· Progress Reports are to be provided on a regular basis or as requested by the UNOPS Project Manager, and as required in case of any incidents.
· Proven mine action expert with the associated qualifications or equivalent experience. Military experience is a definite advantage;
· At least five years of field experience, preferably in humanitarian mine action programmes in post conflict countries of low to high risk;
· Thorough knowledge of the IMAS, demining SOPs, technical and safety procedures;
· Thorough knowledge of all demining and explosive ordnance equipment’s and techniques – manual, mine detection dogs and mechanical systems;
· Qualified in accident investigation procedures and report writing;
· Proven leadership qualities in high risk and high demand environments preferably in post conflict countries;
· Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-national environment;
· Fluent in spoken and written English;
· Computer literate.
How To Apply:
Apply Online, go to: Demining Supervisor