Employer: USA Embassy
Closing: October 19 , 2015
The U.S. Embassy in Kuala Lumpur is seeking an individual for a Guard Shift Commander position dedicated to the Regional Security Office.
Basic Function Of Position:
Under the general supervision of the Regional Security Officer (RSO), the Assistant Regional Security Officer (ARSO) and/or the Guard Superintendent, the incumbent performs guard service to safeguard U.S Government property or personnel. A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office.
Qualifications Required: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
Completion of Secondary Schooling (MCE/SPM) is required. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in guard related duties is required.
Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Must possess a valid Malaysian driving license for car and motorcycle (D and B2). Must have good knowledge of use of wide range of security equipment. Must be able to communicate orally with all levels of Embassy employees including family members. Must be able to communicate with all visitors and contractors who are coming into the Embassy daily. This includes high profile VIP to Front Office and visa applicants. Must have good written communication skills which is required to maintain post log book and to write incident reports if needed.
Must have in-depth knowledge of guard duties, practices and organizational skills.
Language: (speaking & reading): Level III (good working knowledge) in both English and Bahasa Malaysia is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria:
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Note 1: All positions advertised are subject to availability of funds. Note 2: Human Resources will only contact those applicants who demonstrate on their application form that they meet or exceed all the position requirements (education, experience, language, knowledge and skills) and had included all the required documentation. Regret letters will only be sent to short listed candidates and AEFMs. Note 3: For AEFMs: Highest previous rate is not an entitlement and is dependent on the funding availability of each agency and on the exact nature of the previous experience.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application: 1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) as a Locally Employed Staff or FamilyMember (DS- 174); or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans’ preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans’ preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
How To Apply
Submit Application To:
The U.S. Mission in Kuala Lumpur provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.